giving salt to baby

S

sdelorenzo

I have taken my kids to 3 different cf clinics. They have never said to give my kids salt, even when I asked. I would be careful about giving too much salt though. I did try and add some when my kids where babies to their bottles. It made them not want to drink the bottles. My daughter gets upset when she sees me adding salt to her foods. I would think she would want the extra salt, but she doesn't.
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf

S

sdelorenzo

I have taken my kids to 3 different cf clinics. They have never said to give my kids salt, even when I asked. I would be careful about giving too much salt though. I did try and add some when my kids where babies to their bottles. It made them not want to drink the bottles. My daughter gets upset when she sees me adding salt to her foods. I would think she would want the extra salt, but she doesn't.

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

<br />Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf

Sheridan

In Australia we have a speacial salt replacement drink called Glucolyte - electrolyte replacement. Both my boys have drunk this daily since they were diagnosed at 2 and 3 weeks. Its salty but has a sweet taste to it. Aidan (17 months) drinks at least 250mls per day. Even as a new born we were able to get him to drink 80mls. I did here of someone in Amercia being able to get it for free from a medical place. So it must be there somewhere.

Sheridan

In Australia we have a speacial salt replacement drink called Glucolyte - electrolyte replacement. Both my boys have drunk this daily since they were diagnosed at 2 and 3 weeks. Its salty but has a sweet taste to it. Aidan (17 months) drinks at least 250mls per day. Even as a new born we were able to get him to drink 80mls. I did here of someone in Amercia being able to get it for free from a medical place. So it must be there somewhere.

Sheridan

Sheridan

Sheridan

NancyLKF

Thanks everyone. I pumped a bottle and put some salt in it and she took it no problem. So that's our new plan which makes me feel A LOT better.
Thanks again.

NancyLKF

Thanks everyone. I pumped a bottle and put some salt in it and she took it no problem. So that's our new plan which makes me feel A LOT better.
Thanks again.

NancyLKF

Thanks again.

NancyLKF

Thanks again.

NancyLKF

<br />Thanks again.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We weren't ever told to give DS salt as a baby, but when he got a little older, I'd add some to his babyfood. His doctor has stressed how he needs salt and as long as he's getting adequate water, there shouldn't be an issue of him getting too much.

DS salts chocolate chip cookies, his hand, grilled cheese sandwiches, lemonade.... Last summer I sent a salt shaker to his preschool for when he plays outside because his purple baseball cap turned white with salt.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We weren't ever told to give DS salt as a baby, but when he got a little older, I'd add some to his babyfood. His doctor has stressed how he needs salt and as long as he's getting adequate water, there shouldn't be an issue of him getting too much.

DS salts chocolate chip cookies, his hand, grilled cheese sandwiches, lemonade.... Last summer I sent a salt shaker to his preschool for when he plays outside because his purple baseball cap turned white with salt.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />DS salts chocolate chip cookies, his hand, grilled cheese sandwiches, lemonade.... Last summer I sent a salt shaker to his preschool for when he plays outside because his purple baseball cap turned white with salt.