Glutathione

Anns

This site is a glut forum like this one and then there is a section
up top where people have posted their stories of using GSH.
 My son used it a couple of years ago for about three months,
oral only.  Didn't see any benefits but didn't have any
negatives either.  I am thinking about starting him back on
it,because it is a fact CFers lack GSH.  It is a little
expensive though, cause insurance will not pay for it.  <br>
http://members5.boardhost.com/CFGSH/ 

Anns

Anns

NoExcuses

if you read the Warwick blog that I've had going for the past few months, Warwick explains the differences between the two in scientific terms.

It's good to understand so that you can make an informed choice.

NoExcuses

if you read the Warwick blog that I've had going for the past few months, Warwick explains the differences between the two in scientific terms.

NoExcuses

my65roses4me

Amy I have read your blog that Dr Warwick describes NAC and Glutathione. It all makes since to me now. How much NAC did you start with? And how much are you taking now? You have been taking it for three weeks now right?

my65roses4me

Amy I have read your blog that Dr Warwick describes NAC and Glutathione. It all makes since to me now. How much NAC did you start with? And how much are you taking now? You have been taking it for three weeks now right?

my65roses4me

NoExcuses

I am on 600mg of NAC right now, the dose I started with. I've been on it for about 6 weeks now (since I got back from my visit to Minnesota).

I am on the low side for NAC right now until I get a blood draw at the clinic in a few weeks to check my Zinc levels. If I need to replace Zinc, i want to know about it before I got up to a higher dose of NAC.

NoExcuses

I am on 600mg of NAC right now, the dose I started with. I've been on it for about 6 weeks now (since I got back from my visit to Minnesota).

I am on the low side for NAC right now until I get a blood draw at the clinic in a few weeks to check my Zinc levels. If I need to replace Zinc, i want to know about it before I got up to a higher dose of NAC.

NoExcuses

Scarlett81

I noticed an improvement on both Glut and NAC. A little more energy, and more ability to laugh and keep my coughs from turning into minute long spasms. I think theoretically taking NAC and a good multi vit (which also has some building blocks of NAC in it) is better. But everybody is different and what works for someone won't work for another.
Remember too that when you take supplements it usually takes longer to see results, which is why people just stop after a few weeks b/c they don't see results. But it took a few months for me to honestly say I felt a difference.
Good luck!

Scarlett81

I noticed an improvement on both Glut and NAC. A little more energy, and more ability to laugh and keep my coughs from turning into minute long spasms. I think theoretically taking NAC and a good multi vit (which also has some building blocks of NAC in it) is better. But everybody is different and what works for someone won't work for another.
Remember too that when you take supplements it usually takes longer to see results, which is why people just stop after a few weeks b/c they don't see results. But it took a few months for me to honestly say I felt a difference.
Good luck!

Scarlett81

Good luck!

NoExcuses

NAC can be inhaled... it's called Mucomyst. This is Dr. Warwick's preferable way of obtaining NAC. I will also point you to my blog if you haven't read it where Warwick speaks about NAC, GSH and Mucomyst.

NAC can be taken orally as well. I bought mine at Whole Foods. The problem with pill forms of any supplement is that they're not regulated by the FDA. So the pill that you buy of NAC may or may not contain what the bottle says it contains. This goes for any supplement, including GSH.

So you need to make sure you buy your supplements from a reputable place. I went down to Whole Foods down the street and bought 60 600mg pills of NAC and I pop one a day.

I haven't been able to get an apt with my Pulmonologist since I returned from visited Warwick, so I'm not on Mucomyst yet. I haven't upped my NAC levels to 600mg BID because I want to make sure I"m not experiencing any side effects of taking NAC (I will need blood work for that). There's nothing like fixing one problem and having another pop up. I'm not diabetic, but apparently NAC can have an insulin-blocking effect, so that's something else to look out for too.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.formyhealth.com/nac_article.htm
">http://www.formyhealth.com/nac_article.htm
</a>
This site re-iterates what Warwick states. The site says "NAC is a much better source of glutathione than taking glutathione itself, because less than half of supplemental glutathione is absorbed from the digestive system. This greater efficiency is important since cellular glutathione levels tend to drop 30% to 35% with age."