Go to the White House Website

serendipity730

<BR>Well put, Printer! It is the Republicans who are holding up the raising of the debt ceiling. So, while there is nothing wrong with emailing the president, you could definitely email Cantor and Boehner (and your own congressmen).

shinkdew

There is nothing to worry about. There is enough tax revenue coming in to cover SS, SSDI and Medicare. This is nothing more than an outright lie and scare tactic.

shinkdew

There is nothing to worry about. There is enough tax revenue coming in to cover SS, SSDI and Medicare. This is nothing more than an outright lie and scare tactic.

shinkdew

Giggles

Really. I talked to Beth Sufian who is an attorney for CF patients and has helped a ton of people to get SSDI and SSI. She said if they did not get their act together it would affect the checks. And on the news Obama himself says so. I hope it is a scare tactic only... I guess we shall see....<br>

Giggles

Really. I talked to Beth Sufian who is an attorney for CF patients and has helped a ton of people to get SSDI and SSI. She said if they did not get their act together it would affect the checks. And on the news Obama himself says so. I hope it is a scare tactic only... I guess we shall see....<br>

Giggles

shinkdew

The estimated tax revenue for August is $200b. SS/SSDI, Medicare payments amount to almost $100b. There is plenty of money to pay SS. Even if there wasn't, there is NO CHANCE that Obama, with an election coming next year is not going to pay SS. Old people vote, if they don't get their check, they're not voting for Obama. He can try to blame the GOP all he wants, but at the end of the day he's in charge.

shinkdew

The estimated tax revenue for August is $200b. SS/SSDI, Medicare payments amount to almost $100b. There is plenty of money to pay SS. Even if there wasn't, there is NO CHANCE that Obama, with an election coming next year is not going to pay SS. Old people vote, if they don't get their check, they're not voting for Obama. He can try to blame the GOP all he wants, but at the end of the day he's in charge.

shinkdew

<br />
<br />

musclemania70

Its just a scare tactic for political reasons. Half of the American population would be up in arms if they stopped social security.

musclemania70

Its just a scare tactic for political reasons. Half of the American population would be up in arms if they stopped social security.

musclemania70

Printer

In the Clinton administration, when Gingritch was Speaker of the House, there was a goverment shut down. Trust me, it can happen again.

FYI there have been more than 65 debt ceiling extentions since 1962 and 7 in the George W. Bush adminstration. This is, normally, a routine act of Congress. We need more adults in Congress.

Bill

Printer

In the Clinton administration, when Gingritch was Speaker of the House, there was a goverment shut down. Trust me, it can happen again.

FYI there have been more than 65 debt ceiling extentions since 1962 and 7 in the George W. Bush adminstration. This is, normally, a routine act of Congress. We need more adults in Congress.

Bill

Printer

<br />
<br />FYI there have been more than 65 debt ceiling extentions since 1962 and 7 in the George W. Bush adminstration. This is, normally, a routine act of Congress. We need more adults in Congress.
<br />
<br />Bill

shinkdew

The one thing people should be worried about is the changes they are trying to make to the cost of living adjustment. The politicians have decided that the COLA has been too high and are trying to change the way it is calculated in order to "save" money. I always laugh when the government tells us that there is almost no inflation. Anyone that goes grocery shopping every week knows that price of milk, meat and nearly everything else is up.

<A HREF="http://news.yahoo.com/debt-talks-target-cost-living-225700776.html">http://news.yahoo.com/debt-talks-target-cost-living-225700776.html</A>

shinkdew

The one thing people should be worried about is the changes they are trying to make to the cost of living adjustment. The politicians have decided that the COLA has been too high and are trying to change the way it is calculated in order to "save" money. I always laugh when the government tells us that there is almost no inflation. Anyone that goes grocery shopping every week knows that price of milk, meat and nearly everything else is up.

<A HREF="http://news.yahoo.com/debt-talks-target-cost-living-225700776.html">http://news.yahoo.com/debt-talks-target-cost-living-225700776.html</A>

shinkdew

<br />
<br /><A HREF="http://news.yahoo.com/debt-talks-target-cost-living-225700776.html">http://news.yahoo.com/debt-talks-target-cost-living-225700776.html</A>