Going on oxygen

coltsfan715

I agree with what everyone else has already mentioned. Being on O2 - if you need it - can help EVERY organ in your body. Even if you feel "okay" without the O2 if your sats are low then the rest of your body is affected - be it kidneys, heart, muscles, brain function whatever it is affected.

For me when I started using O2 - I had a major increase in appetite. I gained about 6-7 pounds. I started sleeping better. I had lessened anxiety. I was not so short of breathe - though I will say I still got short of breath and tired it was not as bad as without O2. I did NOT feel as weak and fatigued while using O2 either. Also to say I noticed that alot of my aches and pains pre transplant would dissipate when I was using O2.

I don't know about it improving lung function so much in regards to the actual numbers but I will say it will at least make you feel like you are breathing easier. At least it did for me. When I was using O2 I finally felt like I was breathing at points. Before O2 I felt like I was just sucking in air for no real reason - I never felt like I got enough. My "thirst" for air was quenched when I started on O2.

Hope that makes sense.
Love Linds

coltsfan715

I agree with what everyone else has already mentioned. Being on O2 - if you need it - can help EVERY organ in your body. Even if you feel "okay" without the O2 if your sats are low then the rest of your body is affected - be it kidneys, heart, muscles, brain function whatever it is affected.

For me when I started using O2 - I had a major increase in appetite. I gained about 6-7 pounds. I started sleeping better. I had lessened anxiety. I was not so short of breathe - though I will say I still got short of breath and tired it was not as bad as without O2. I did NOT feel as weak and fatigued while using O2 either. Also to say I noticed that alot of my aches and pains pre transplant would dissipate when I was using O2.

I don't know about it improving lung function so much in regards to the actual numbers but I will say it will at least make you feel like you are breathing easier. At least it did for me. When I was using O2 I finally felt like I was breathing at points. Before O2 I felt like I was just sucking in air for no real reason - I never felt like I got enough. My "thirst" for air was quenched when I started on O2.

Hope that makes sense.
Love Linds

coltsfan715

Hope that makes sense.
Love Linds

coltsfan715

Hope that makes sense.
Love Linds

coltsfan715

Hope that makes sense.
Love Linds

coltsfan715

Hope that makes sense.
Love Linds