Going to College - Nervous about what people will think

needingadvice13

Hi everyone...i am currently a senior in High School and i will be going to college next year probably down in LA (i live in the SF Bay Area). My main fear/concern about college is how people will perceive me. Who wants to be roommates with someone who has to do treatments everynight, granted that I am extremely healthy and just have to do my hypertonic once daily, and for that i am very grateful. It's just that it is already hard for me to explain to my friends in High School what CF is in the first place, and then explain to them why i have to do treatments. All in all, it can just be a pain to explain to them everything because quite frankly, CF confuses me a little bit here and there. I am just afraid that my roommate will judge me or get annoyed with the noise of the nebulizer everynight/everyday in the room. By the way, I was diagnosed late in my life (at age 14 and I am now 17), so compared to other people, i am just "starting" to live with CF, which is an extremely scary though because i feel like so much of my life has revolved around this disease. Thanks for the help.

needingadvice13

Hi everyone...i am currently a senior in High School and i will be going to college next year probably down in LA (i live in the SF Bay Area). My main fear/concern about college is how people will perceive me. Who wants to be roommates with someone who has to do treatments everynight, granted that I am extremely healthy and just have to do my hypertonic once daily, and for that i am very grateful. It's just that it is already hard for me to explain to my friends in High School what CF is in the first place, and then explain to them why i have to do treatments. All in all, it can just be a pain to explain to them everything because quite frankly, CF confuses me a little bit here and there. I am just afraid that my roommate will judge me or get annoyed with the noise of the nebulizer everynight/everyday in the room. By the way, I was diagnosed late in my life (at age 14 and I am now 17), so compared to other people, i am just "starting" to live with CF, which is an extremely scary though because i feel like so much of my life has revolved around this disease. Thanks for the help.

needingadvice13

needingadvice13

needingadvice13

<br />

bananagirl

Hey I am a senior too and I feel just like you! (that isn't exactly an ! worthy thing except its nice that we aren't alone) I have to do the vest everyday though and g-tube feedings which make me nervous about college. My main thing is that I don't really like doing it around other people cuz its like different and I don't like explaining it or people thinking I am different. Life would be so much easier if all the cfers in the country who are seniors could just all go to college together and be roommate then there would be no problems and everyone would just get it and no one would be weirdly different.

bananagirl

Hey I am a senior too and I feel just like you! (that isn't exactly an ! worthy thing except its nice that we aren't alone) I have to do the vest everyday though and g-tube feedings which make me nervous about college. My main thing is that I don't really like doing it around other people cuz its like different and I don't like explaining it or people thinking I am different. Life would be so much easier if all the cfers in the country who are seniors could just all go to college together and be roommate then there would be no problems and everyone would just get it and no one would be weirdly different.

bananagirl

bananagirl

bananagirl

needingadvice13

yea i kinda agree with that but at the same time I don't think I would want to surround myself with people that just have CF because that isn't what the real world is about. It's more like a "i feel badly for my roommate while im coughing up tons of mucus" sort of thing. I don't know, hopefully most people are open to all different people from different walks of life.

needingadvice13

yea i kinda agree with that but at the same time I don't think I would want to surround myself with people that just have CF because that isn't what the real world is about. It's more like a "i feel badly for my roommate while im coughing up tons of mucus" sort of thing. I don't know, hopefully most people are open to all different people from different walks of life.

needingadvice13

needingadvice13

needingadvice13

TeenwithCF

I'm worried about having a roomate with bathroom issues and stuff. I guess we could try to ask for our own dorm. Also in terms of dieting, I hope it'll be easy in college to follow a healthy diet for my CF.

TeenwithCF

I'm worried about having a roomate with bathroom issues and stuff. I guess we could try to ask for our own dorm. Also in terms of dieting, I hope it'll be easy in college to follow a healthy diet for my CF.

TeenwithCF

TeenwithCF

TeenwithCF