Good Times!

kswitch

it's strange how a clinic visit is a tenacious cocktail of misery and hope. my pft's are down, way down. 50 from 72 two months ago. my pulse ox sits at 95; i'm usually at 98, so that's a little low. and i've lost 7lbs. but my exercise tolerance is at an all time high, and i have no shortness of breath, and not so much coughing.

what really puzzles me, i guess, is my pft's that seem to bounce erratically from mid 50's to as high as 78. i know late july to mid september are my worst months, so the drop in pft's then is no surprise, but what about the rest, dammit?!?!

so, i'm being admitted. awesome. but it isn't so much out of severity, even though the pft's are pretty effin sad. there is thought that cipro combined with renewed access to meds that i should have been on for the last two months, and some clinical trials i can participate in, will probably do the trick. but being that i'm unemployed and off from school for now, this is a great time to get back to tip top shape by doing a full fledged time and tune. and being at my peak baseline gives me a better shot at participating in the current clinical trials - tobi inhaler, and one i.v. targeting the biofilms of pa...or something. i opted for the tune up.

*sigh* it's not a total upheaval, partly because i chose it, but mostly because it's not a last ditch effort like the last time. this is an intervention of sorts, and i intend to make the best of it. i intend to set myself up to stay at the top, too. a lot of changes have occurred since my last awakening, now's the time to test their efficacy.

i'm not so good about journaling progress, but i will immersed in boredom, and i'll likely take it out on my blog, my guitar, and my notebook....and whatever else between.

kswitch

it's strange how a clinic visit is a tenacious cocktail of misery and hope. my pft's are down, way down. 50 from 72 two months ago. my pulse ox sits at 95; i'm usually at 98, so that's a little low. and i've lost 7lbs. but my exercise tolerance is at an all time high, and i have no shortness of breath, and not so much coughing.

what really puzzles me, i guess, is my pft's that seem to bounce erratically from mid 50's to as high as 78. i know late july to mid september are my worst months, so the drop in pft's then is no surprise, but what about the rest, dammit?!?!

so, i'm being admitted. awesome. but it isn't so much out of severity, even though the pft's are pretty effin sad. there is thought that cipro combined with renewed access to meds that i should have been on for the last two months, and some clinical trials i can participate in, will probably do the trick. but being that i'm unemployed and off from school for now, this is a great time to get back to tip top shape by doing a full fledged time and tune. and being at my peak baseline gives me a better shot at participating in the current clinical trials - tobi inhaler, and one i.v. targeting the biofilms of pa...or something. i opted for the tune up.

*sigh* it's not a total upheaval, partly because i chose it, but mostly because it's not a last ditch effort like the last time. this is an intervention of sorts, and i intend to make the best of it. i intend to set myself up to stay at the top, too. a lot of changes have occurred since my last awakening, now's the time to test their efficacy.

i'm not so good about journaling progress, but i will immersed in boredom, and i'll likely take it out on my blog, my guitar, and my notebook....and whatever else between.

kswitch

kswitch

kswitch

Wheezie

wow, 21 people have read this thread and not ONE reply!! That's kind of sucky, if you ask me (and surprising). Hang in there - I know it's frustrating to fluctuate so much, but I think you have the right attitude. Getting back on top of things while you have this reprieve from school and work is probably the wisest thing you could do. And you're right, the healthier you are (and stay) the more opportunities you'll have to participate in great studies!!

hey, can you actually play your guitar in the hospital?! That's pretty kewl!

Wheezie

wow, 21 people have read this thread and not ONE reply!! That's kind of sucky, if you ask me (and surprising). Hang in there - I know it's frustrating to fluctuate so much, but I think you have the right attitude. Getting back on top of things while you have this reprieve from school and work is probably the wisest thing you could do. And you're right, the healthier you are (and stay) the more opportunities you'll have to participate in great studies!!

Wheezie

Wheezie

Wheezie

kayleesgrandma

Hey are you here in Des Moines, or in Iowa City? Could I come see you??? Or at least send you a card or something??? PM me where you are---please. pleeeez!!! I'm glad you opted for the tune-up--sounds like this is best time for it! Hoope you aren't too bored--let me know if I can getcha anything...you know we do live in same city....

kayleesgrandma

Hey are you here in Des Moines, or in Iowa City? Could I come see you??? Or at least send you a card or something??? PM me where you are---please. pleeeez!!! I'm glad you opted for the tune-up--sounds like this is best time for it! Hoope you aren't too bored--let me know if I can getcha anything...you know we do live in same city....

kayleesgrandma

kayleesgrandma

kayleesgrandma

65rosessamurai

This had to have been posted while i was away!!
Though I'm sure NOBODY likes to be admitted when their numbers dip, but in your case kswitch, perhaps while you're not in school so you don't miss credits, or while not having a job, where you'd either have non-paid days off, or all your vacation days would be spent in the hospital, now may be a good time.
Sure, you're probably gonna be bored half-to-death, but on the good side, perhaps finding some new hobbies would come in hand?! With your guitar, there's learning that song you had trouble doing before....(if that's true)
having a computer at hand is a must...
though, with a computer, don't know what the notebook is for, unless you're jotting quick notes on what to do later (which I tend to do).
A suggestion I've never had the time to do....find a good book to read?

I certainly hope that with your hospital stay, you will be able to pick your numbers up!!

Though your post reminded me of an old joke where these four people, probably one of them was a blonde, were doing a toast:
First one: "Cheers!"
Second one: "Good Times!"
Third one: "Happy Days!"
Blonde: "Little House on the Prairie!"

65rosessamurai

Though I'm sure NOBODY likes to be admitted when their numbers dip, but in your case kswitch, perhaps while you're not in school so you don't miss credits, or while not having a job, where you'd either have non-paid days off, or all your vacation days would be spent in the hospital, now may be a good time.
Sure, you're probably gonna be bored half-to-death, but on the good side, perhaps finding some new hobbies would come in hand?! With your guitar, there's learning that song you had trouble doing before....(if that's true)
though, with a computer, don't know what the notebook is for, unless you're jotting quick notes on what to do later (which I tend to do).

I certainly hope that with your hospital stay, you will be able to pick your numbers up!!

Though your post reminded me of an old joke where these four people, probably one of them was a blonde, were doing a toast:

65rosessamurai

65rosessamurai

65rosessamurai