Got in the new Smart Vest by Electromed..

mariahsmommy

What pressure and frequency do you use?? And do you alternate these during a single treatment?

My daughter is 23 lbs and received s child's small vest. The machine allows you to program 8 different settings. (I think)

Thanks

mariahsmommy

What pressure and frequency do you use?? And do you alternate these during a single treatment?

My daughter is 23 lbs and received s child's small vest. The machine allows you to program 8 different settings. (I think)

Thanks

mariahsmommy

Thanks

mariahsmommy

Thanks

mariahsmommy

<br />
<br />My daughter is 23 lbs and received s child's small vest. The machine allows you to program 8 different settings. (I think)
<br />
<br />Thanks

ehtansky21

I don't know exactly about the smart vest, we have the hill-rom. My understanding is you want to change up everything. Start with low pressure and high frequency and go a little higher on pressure and lower on frequency. We use all 8 settings. I think i start at low pressure and end at low pressure. Does that make sense???
Also, I played with it for a while. How much pressure can the boys handle. How high of a frequency can they handle....

blessings,
missa

ehtansky21

I don't know exactly about the smart vest, we have the hill-rom. My understanding is you want to change up everything. Start with low pressure and high frequency and go a little higher on pressure and lower on frequency. We use all 8 settings. I think i start at low pressure and end at low pressure. Does that make sense???
Also, I played with it for a while. How much pressure can the boys handle. How high of a frequency can they handle....

blessings,
missa

ehtansky21

blessings,
missa

ehtansky21

blessings,
missa

ehtansky21

<br />Also, I played with it for a while. How much pressure can the boys handle. How high of a frequency can they handle....
<br />
<br />blessings,
<br />missa

hmw

I am surprised that you weren't given a recommended set of speeds/pressures to use when you received the vest from her clinic dr or pt... it may have been an oversight so I would call them.

In our case, we were given a set of 5 speeds (10-14hz) that we used for a while but then I was interested in trying Dr. Warwick's recommendations. (He invented the vest & has done studies on effectiveness w/ several types of vest.) Anyone interested in that can find info about on Amy's (savingferris) blog; scroll down to her Warwick link. We use speeds of 6, 8, 9, 18 and 19 and start with a higher pressure (in Emily's case the highest she can tolerate is 8) and it gradually goes down as the frequency increases.

As others have posted, it's important to vary the speeds and pressures no matter how you end up doing it, for the maximum benefit to both the small and large airways.

hmw

I am surprised that you weren't given a recommended set of speeds/pressures to use when you received the vest from her clinic dr or pt... it may have been an oversight so I would call them.

In our case, we were given a set of 5 speeds (10-14hz) that we used for a while but then I was interested in trying Dr. Warwick's recommendations. (He invented the vest & has done studies on effectiveness w/ several types of vest.) Anyone interested in that can find info about on Amy's (savingferris) blog; scroll down to her Warwick link. We use speeds of 6, 8, 9, 18 and 19 and start with a higher pressure (in Emily's case the highest she can tolerate is 8) and it gradually goes down as the frequency increases.

As others have posted, it's important to vary the speeds and pressures no matter how you end up doing it, for the maximum benefit to both the small and large airways.

hmw

hmw

hmw

<br />
<br />In our case, we were given a set of 5 speeds (10-14hz) that we used for a while but then I was interested in trying Dr. Warwick's recommendations. (He invented the vest & has done studies on effectiveness w/ several types of vest.) Anyone interested in that can find info about on Amy's (savingferris) blog; scroll down to her Warwick link. We use speeds of 6, 8, 9, 18 and 19 and start with a higher pressure (in Emily's case the highest she can tolerate is 8) and it gradually goes down as the frequency increases.
<br />
<br />As others have posted, it's important to vary the speeds and pressures no matter how you end up doing it, for the maximum benefit to both the small and large airways.

kcw082407

My Kate is 2 1/2 and 32lbs. We have the smart vest, and we really like it. Through a friend, I acquired "the vest" that she uses at my mom's house (she stays there while I work). I like the smart vest more. The Cf clinic really didn't give us settings, we just experimented with what's comfortable. Our "dial" is on 40 and the "digital" number is on 10. We do it for 30 mins, 3x/day. I just keep the "manual" button set for 30.

Kim

kcw082407

My Kate is 2 1/2 and 32lbs. We have the smart vest, and we really like it. Through a friend, I acquired "the vest" that she uses at my mom's house (she stays there while I work). I like the smart vest more. The Cf clinic really didn't give us settings, we just experimented with what's comfortable. Our "dial" is on 40 and the "digital" number is on 10. We do it for 30 mins, 3x/day. I just keep the "manual" button set for 30.

Kim

kcw082407

Kim

kcw082407

Kim

kcw082407

<br />
<br />Kim