Graysons huge step back

Tcole

I appreciated everyones reply. I think i have got the ball rolling now. I feel like i tell all my concerns to all the hospital personel. I just need everyone to be on the same page. I am hoping the next couple days Graycie will be back off TPN and all IV fluids. The doctors had to rethink their decisions and remember she same a short gut and CF. She is doing good today. I got lots of smiles. I hope it won't be much longer.

Tcole

I appreciated everyones reply. I think i have got the ball rolling now. I feel like i tell all my concerns to all the hospital personel. I just need everyone to be on the same page. I am hoping the next couple days Graycie will be back off TPN and all IV fluids. The doctors had to rethink their decisions and remember she same a short gut and CF. She is doing good today. I got lots of smiles. I hope it won't be much longer.

Tcole

Tcole

Tcole

KP

Tcole,

Our situation is very similar to yours. This is my first time posting/replying to this forum. My son Ben was born March 10, 2008. He had MI and had 75% of his small intestine removed. We have spent the first four months in the hospital with TPN, lipids, antibiotics etc. We finally went home June 19th. Ben was finally doing great and eating about 4 ounces of Elecare (24 k/cal) seven times a day. He was slowly gaining and was about 9lbs 15 oz. He was taking two capsules of Ultrase before each feed. We are now back in the hospital as of last Thursday (8/28) because Ben had bloody stools and tested positive for C-diff. He is back on TPN and lipids and has lost over a pound since we admitted! I am beside myself with this set back. I am so sick of living in the hospital and just want my son to have a break (my husband and me too). I feel for you having to endure this. It is the most challenging experience of my life. I have been on an emotional rollercoaster and don't even know what I feel some days. I have been very happy with Ben's care under Dr. Nasr at University of Michigan Hospital. She is great at reminding me to be positive and reassures me he will pull through this. You can read about Ben on his blog at

www.benjaminanthony.blogspot.com

Feel free to send me a private message and I can give you my number if you would like to talk.

Hang in there!

Hugs,
Kati

KP

Tcole,

Our situation is very similar to yours. This is my first time posting/replying to this forum. My son Ben was born March 10, 2008. He had MI and had 75% of his small intestine removed. We have spent the first four months in the hospital with TPN, lipids, antibiotics etc. We finally went home June 19th. Ben was finally doing great and eating about 4 ounces of Elecare (24 k/cal) seven times a day. He was slowly gaining and was about 9lbs 15 oz. He was taking two capsules of Ultrase before each feed. We are now back in the hospital as of last Thursday (8/28) because Ben had bloody stools and tested positive for C-diff. He is back on TPN and lipids and has lost over a pound since we admitted! I am beside myself with this set back. I am so sick of living in the hospital and just want my son to have a break (my husband and me too). I feel for you having to endure this. It is the most challenging experience of my life. I have been on an emotional rollercoaster and don't even know what I feel some days. I have been very happy with Ben's care under Dr. Nasr at University of Michigan Hospital. She is great at reminding me to be positive and reassures me he will pull through this. You can read about Ben on his blog at

Feel free to send me a private message and I can give you my number if you would like to talk.

Hang in there!

Hugs,
Kati

KP

Tcole,

Hang in there!

Hugs,
Kati

KP

Tcole,

Hang in there!

Hugs,
Kati

KP

Tcole,
<br />
<br />Our situation is very similar to yours. This is my first time posting/replying to this forum. My son Ben was born March 10, 2008. He had MI and had 75% of his small intestine removed. We have spent the first four months in the hospital with TPN, lipids, antibiotics etc. We finally went home June 19th. Ben was finally doing great and eating about 4 ounces of Elecare (24 k/cal) seven times a day. He was slowly gaining and was about 9lbs 15 oz. He was taking two capsules of Ultrase before each feed. We are now back in the hospital as of last Thursday (8/28) because Ben had bloody stools and tested positive for C-diff. He is back on TPN and lipids and has lost over a pound since we admitted! I am beside myself with this set back. I am so sick of living in the hospital and just want my son to have a break (my husband and me too). I feel for you having to endure this. It is the most challenging experience of my life. I have been on an emotional rollercoaster and don't even know what I feel some days. I have been very happy with Ben's care under Dr. Nasr at University of Michigan Hospital. She is great at reminding me to be positive and reassures me he will pull through this. You can read about Ben on his blog at
<br />
<br />www.benjaminanthony.blogspot.com
<br />
<br />Feel free to send me a private message and I can give you my number if you would like to talk.
<br />
<br />Hang in there!
<br />
<br />Hugs,
<br />Kati
<br />

Gnome

I didn't read all the replys. But in my daughters case, we found that even though she was dignosed from the start and put on enzymes from the start, her weight gain was still really slow in the beginning. And she never had any complications.

Gnome

I didn't read all the replys. But in my daughters case, we found that even though she was dignosed from the start and put on enzymes from the start, her weight gain was still really slow in the beginning. And she never had any complications.

Gnome

Gnome

Gnome