Green Sputum

Tisha

I always have green sputum... Varies in shade depending on how bad the infection is, but when you have Pseudomonas that's the daily thing.

C

cfgf28

He doesn't have green all the time, it was just one little bit almost a week ago and nothing else, everything else is white, and not a lot of it....He's never had Pseudomonas....I just wondered if it was something that was in his lungs for awhile.... I don't think it was really the sputum, just a blob....

C

cfgf28

He doesn't have green all the time, it was just one little bit almost a week ago and nothing else, everything else is white, and not a lot of it....He's never had Pseudomonas....I just wondered if it was something that was in his lungs for awhile.... I don't think it was really the sputum, just a blob....

C

cfgf28

D

Deb

Sounds like a plug that came loose after his treatment. As others have said "green" becomes normal when you have pseudomonas...it is just different shades of green.

D

Deb

Sounds like a plug that came loose after his treatment. As others have said "green" becomes normal when you have pseudomonas...it is just different shades of green.

D

Deb

<br />

C

cfgf28

Deb your answer was the one i was hoping to hear... but he will still check with his docs when he goes in a couple weeks....Thanks everyone!!!!

C

cfgf28

Deb your answer was the one i was hoping to hear... but he will still check with his docs when he goes in a couple weeks....Thanks everyone!!!!

C

cfgf28

leahjasper

If this helps any I just got out from getting a tune up w/ 3 iv antibiotics through my port and a pill antibiotic an dealing w/ other isssues just now over a month ago, and right after I got home I started coughing up nasty green blobs but I also have a bad cronic sinus infection that's draining down into my lungs an I do have pseudomonas. But only cough green when I'm sick or during an after a tune up. But def right it down so he doesnt forget to ask the docs.
God speed, Leah

leahjasper

If this helps any I just got out from getting a tune up w/ 3 iv antibiotics through my port and a pill antibiotic an dealing w/ other isssues just now over a month ago, and right after I got home I started coughing up nasty green blobs but I also have a bad cronic sinus infection that's draining down into my lungs an I do have pseudomonas. But only cough green when I'm sick or during an after a tune up. But def right it down so he doesnt forget to ask the docs.
God speed, Leah

leahjasper

<br /> God speed, Leah

randmel89

I always have green sputum. I only have yellow if Im fighting a sinus infection. Never have had white or clear mucus.

randmel89

I always have green sputum. I only have yellow if Im fighting a sinus infection. Never have had white or clear mucus.

randmel89

missgunky

there's a reason why I shy away from eating peas and lima beans....seriously, though, a sputum culture could tell what's been in there. this may be bacteria flourishing in your lungs that was repressed by the bacteria you had before (that your IV's killed off). once I was treated for pseudomonas and staph in the hospital, and then the next thing I know, a shy little bug became more pronounced in my lungs now that its competitors were knocked out - pseudomonas florescence (spelling?).

missgunky

there's a reason why I shy away from eating peas and lima beans....seriously, though, a sputum culture could tell what's been in there. this may be bacteria flourishing in your lungs that was repressed by the bacteria you had before (that your IV's killed off). once I was treated for pseudomonas and staph in the hospital, and then the next thing I know, a shy little bug became more pronounced in my lungs now that its competitors were knocked out - pseudomonas florescence (spelling?).

missgunky

jleigh

I don't think green automatically means pseudomonas. I am colonized with Steno and mine is daily green of some shade too. And I think Deb was prob right too about it being and old mucus plug. They can come out in thick gelatinous type blobs.

Jen 41 w/cf