growth hormones

babyluke

So we had our clinic appt. today and after finally achieving our "green" level for BMI (Luke is actually at the 69th percentile!!), now they are concerned that he is too short. He is very tiny, but proportionate. I am short and my husband is average height. Our dr. is refering us to an endocrinologist for a consult and mentioned they may want him to start on growth hormones. I am really uncertain about this and thought before I drive myself crazy researching everthing known to man on growth hormones, I would just ask the "experts" here: Has anyone's child been on growth hormones, what does that involve, did you see results and was it worth it? Thanks for any advice!

babyluke

So we had our clinic appt. today and after finally achieving our "green" level for BMI (Luke is actually at the 69th percentile!!), now they are concerned that he is too short. He is very tiny, but proportionate. I am short and my husband is average height. Our dr. is refering us to an endocrinologist for a consult and mentioned they may want him to start on growth hormones. I am really uncertain about this and thought before I drive myself crazy researching everthing known to man on growth hormones, I would just ask the "experts" here: Has anyone's child been on growth hormones, what does that involve, did you see results and was it worth it? Thanks for any advice!

babyluke

babyluke

babyluke

upfrom31

I was on growth hormones around middle school age. I did see results while i was on it, but at that age I hated it. I had to stick myself with a needle everyday to inject it, and I just wasnt having it. I do think it did show results though. I'm 5'9 but i dont know what i would have been if i had not taken it at all.

upfrom31

I was on growth hormones around middle school age. I did see results while i was on it, but at that age I hated it. I had to stick myself with a needle everyday to inject it, and I just wasnt having it. I do think it did show results though. I'm 5'9 but i dont know what i would have been if i had not taken it at all.

upfrom31

upfrom31

upfrom31

kitomd21

Silly question, but is there any way you can verify you and your husband's height at your son's age? Might be pertinent information...

kitomd21

Silly question, but is there any way you can verify you and your husband's height at your son's age? Might be pertinent information...

kitomd21

kitomd21

kitomd21

hmw

I like Katie's question and DO think it's relevant information to have in making this decision!

hmw

I like Katie's question and DO think it's relevant information to have in making this decision!

hmw

hmw

hmw

<br />
<br />