Handicap parking

sue35

Have you guys had trouble lately getting your handicap parking renewed or getting it at all? I have had mine for five years and needed to get it renewed so I brought the forms to the doctor. He said that he can't sign it because I don't qualify anymore.

My lung function was 46% but that is the best it has been all year and is not normal. Are others finding their doctors more unwilling to sign? He said that when I get sick I could give him the form but then it takes 4 weeks to get the sign so it kind of defeats the purpose.

sue35

Have you guys had trouble lately getting your handicap parking renewed or getting it at all? I have had mine for five years and needed to get it renewed so I brought the forms to the doctor. He said that he can't sign it because I don't qualify anymore.

My lung function was 46% but that is the best it has been all year and is not normal. Are others finding their doctors more unwilling to sign? He said that when I get sick I could give him the form but then it takes 4 weeks to get the sign so it kind of defeats the purpose.

sue35

sue35

sue35

<br />
<br />My lung function was 46% but that is the best it has been all year and is not normal. Are others finding their doctors more unwilling to sign? He said that when I get sick I could give him the form but then it takes 4 weeks to get the sign so it kind of defeats the purpose.

Lex

Seriously... I would find a new doctor. Any doc who doesn't understand (sympathize) what's it's like to walk around with CF shouldn't be treating you.

Mine signed off on it same day. No questions asked.

Lex

Seriously... I would find a new doctor. Any doc who doesn't understand (sympathize) what's it's like to walk around with CF shouldn't be treating you.

Lex

Lex

Lex

<br />
<br />Mine signed off on it same day. No questions asked.

Brad

Once You have had a HC Placard you should not have any problem getting
new one. In Virginia, they last 5 years and You can go to the State DWV site
and just Renew every 5 years.
My Doc had been trying to get me to get one for over 10 years.
I finally did 2 years ago, If I am doing well I don't use it.
But it is great when you are sick and need to get into the Drug Store.

Check out Your States DMV site.

Brad

Brad

Brad

Brad

<br /> new one. In Virginia, they last 5 years and You can go to the State DWV site
<br /> and just Renew every 5 years.
<br /> My Doc had been trying to get me to get one for over 10 years.
<br /> I finally did 2 years ago, If I am doing well I don't use it.
<br /> But it is great when you are sick and need to get into the Drug Store.
<br />
<br /> Check out Your States DMV site.

sue35

I checked the site and it says that the doctor has to sign off on it. I don't know what to do really. My nurse is off until May so I don't have anyone to go to bat for me. I actually got sick this weekend and there is no way I could walk a parking lot now.

Any tips or suggestions?

sue35

I checked the site and it says that the doctor has to sign off on it. I don't know what to do really. My nurse is off until May so I don't have anyone to go to bat for me. I actually got sick this weekend and there is no way I could walk a parking lot now.

Any tips or suggestions?

sue35

Any tips or suggestions?

sue35

Any tips or suggestions?

sue35

<br />
<br />Any tips or suggestions?