harassment at work?

Brad

Wow.. That is a shame in this day and age.
This is not only just wrong, it is illegal.

Back in the late 70's I ran into this same kind of stuff in the
work place. Back then You never told if you had a illness because
there was no ADA or Family Leave Act.
I am with the rest of the folks , You need to contact the state
Labor Board . You should not have to Choose between a Docs Appt and
your Job.
That is So illegal here in Virginia, I bet it Breaks
a few federal laws as well.

Brad

your Job.

Brad

your Job.

Brad

your Job.

Brad

<br /> This is not only just wrong, it is illegal.
<br />
<br /> Back in the late 70's I ran into this same kind of stuff in the
<br /> work place. Back then You never told if you had a illness because
<br /> there was no ADA or Family Leave Act.
<br /> I am with the rest of the folks , You need to contact the state
<br /> Labor Board . You should not have to Choose between a Docs Appt and
<br /> your Job.
<br /> That is So illegal here in Virginia, I bet it Breaks
<br /> a few federal laws as well.

65rosessamurai

That situation sounds similar to the last job I was at before they "illegally" dismissed me...they didn't give me reverence pay until I requested it...its one of the labor laws here...they also misinformed me about a lot of stuff...

The company before that, I also felt "discriminated" because of how I was treated by my immediate boss and those above him did nothing for me..my sister suggested to start a "paper trail" which was a form of evidence of things that went on. Things could include e-mail messages that you have printed out (incase the computer had mysteriously deleted them), or documents you printed out and sent to their respective places with your signature and you holding a copy of it.

I certainly hope you are able to clear things up without you having to cause friction within the company..esp. if you still like working for the company.

BTW, its nice to hear from you again...sorry to hear you didn't catch a deer this year..maybe next year?!

65rosessamurai

That situation sounds similar to the last job I was at before they "illegally" dismissed me...they didn't give me reverence pay until I requested it...its one of the labor laws here...they also misinformed me about a lot of stuff...

The company before that, I also felt "discriminated" because of how I was treated by my immediate boss and those above him did nothing for me..my sister suggested to start a "paper trail" which was a form of evidence of things that went on. Things could include e-mail messages that you have printed out (incase the computer had mysteriously deleted them), or documents you printed out and sent to their respective places with your signature and you holding a copy of it.

I certainly hope you are able to clear things up without you having to cause friction within the company..esp. if you still like working for the company.

BTW, its nice to hear from you again...sorry to hear you didn't catch a deer this year..maybe next year?!

65rosessamurai

65rosessamurai

65rosessamurai

<br />
<br />The company before that, I also felt "discriminated" because of how I was treated by my immediate boss and those above him did nothing for me..my sister suggested to start a "paper trail" which was a form of evidence of things that went on. Things could include e-mail messages that you have printed out (incase the computer had mysteriously deleted them), or documents you printed out and sent to their respective places with your signature and you holding a copy of it.
<br />
<br />I certainly hope you are able to clear things up without you having to cause friction within the company..esp. if you still like working for the company.
<br />
<br />BTW, its nice to hear from you again...sorry to hear you didn't catch a deer this year..maybe next year?!

Landy

Icefisherman--I'm assuming you've told them of your CF?

And for those of you "in the know", does this matter if he's told them or not?
Can he expect to receive health 'allowances' if they are not aware of an illness/disability?

Landy

Can he expect to receive health 'allowances' if they are not aware of an illness/disability?

Landy

Landy

Landy

<br />
<br />And for those of you "in the know", does this matter if he's told them or not?
<br />Can he expect to receive health 'allowances' if they are not aware of an illness/disability?
<br />

Brad

Telling them in this day and time with all the New Laws may have helped.

But if Someone is sick and needs time off for Doctors Appt It
does not really matter if a Person has Cf or not.

I never told any Employer I had Cf until 1986, I kinda had to
I was in the hospital for 27 days.

Brad

Brad

Brad

Brad

<br />
<br /> But if Someone is sick and needs time off for Doctors Appt It
<br /> does not really matter if a Person has Cf or not.
<br />
<br /> I never told any Employer I had Cf until 1986, I kinda had to
<br /> I was in the hospital for 27 days.
<br />