Has this happened to any of you guys?

princessjdc

Okay, this morning I woke up not feeling well, my head felt like I could pass out or something and I felt ill and felt like I could vomit, well I did eventually vomit and after 2or3 times like the fourth time blood came out. Well after vomitting I then felt like going number 2 which I did in the other bathroom, and it was black and it looked like tar, I got on the computer and then went again (I still havent flushed yet, so I went ontop of what I have already done) this time it seems like I noticed some blood in the stool around the tar and a little on top of the tar and before that there was 2 white I guess it was mucous, in the stool. I felt better afterwards and I shown hubby what I did, I didnt flush the toilet yet cause I wanted him to see what I was talking about. For some reason he doesnt think its blood and he doesnt think I puked blood either but I know I did cause I know what it looks like.

Now Im not sure what to do, Im hungry, Im on an antibiotic, and I take motrin or ibrofin(sp) 600mg, I dont want to eat or take any meds in fear I might make something worse but I dont want to go to the ER unless it gets worse and I think that i could wait until Monday and call my cf doc and see what he says. Right now Im playing the wait and see game.

I feel fine now and if I get to feeling worse then Ill probably go to the ER, maybe and Ill eat something too but I dont think Im going to take the motrin, just in case thats what caused it and I will take the antibiotic but I wont take all my enzymes, I think I want to keep my stools a little soft for now and plus I read something about drinking plenty of liquids and eating fruits to keep me hydrated. Oh and my stomach doesnt hurt either, go figure.

I was wondering if this has happened to any one of you guys and if so, what did you do and what was wrong?

Sorry if this seems a little gross but I just have to know and the more the details the better you guys understand whats going on. Thanks....

princessjdc

Okay, this morning I woke up not feeling well, my head felt like I could pass out or something and I felt ill and felt like I could vomit, well I did eventually vomit and after 2or3 times like the fourth time blood came out. Well after vomitting I then felt like going number 2 which I did in the other bathroom, and it was black and it looked like tar, I got on the computer and then went again (I still havent flushed yet, so I went ontop of what I have already done) this time it seems like I noticed some blood in the stool around the tar and a little on top of the tar and before that there was 2 white I guess it was mucous, in the stool. I felt better afterwards and I shown hubby what I did, I didnt flush the toilet yet cause I wanted him to see what I was talking about. For some reason he doesnt think its blood and he doesnt think I puked blood either but I know I did cause I know what it looks like.

Now Im not sure what to do, Im hungry, Im on an antibiotic, and I take motrin or ibrofin(sp) 600mg, I dont want to eat or take any meds in fear I might make something worse but I dont want to go to the ER unless it gets worse and I think that i could wait until Monday and call my cf doc and see what he says. Right now Im playing the wait and see game.

I feel fine now and if I get to feeling worse then Ill probably go to the ER, maybe and Ill eat something too but I dont think Im going to take the motrin, just in case thats what caused it and I will take the antibiotic but I wont take all my enzymes, I think I want to keep my stools a little soft for now and plus I read something about drinking plenty of liquids and eating fruits to keep me hydrated. Oh and my stomach doesnt hurt either, go figure.

I was wondering if this has happened to any one of you guys and if so, what did you do and what was wrong?

Sorry if this seems a little gross but I just have to know and the more the details the better you guys understand whats going on. Thanks....

princessjdc

princessjdc

princessjdc

<br />
<br />Now Im not sure what to do, Im hungry, Im on an antibiotic, and I take motrin or ibrofin(sp) 600mg, I dont want to eat or take any meds in fear I might make something worse but I dont want to go to the ER unless it gets worse and I think that i could wait until Monday and call my cf doc and see what he says. Right now Im playing the wait and see game.
<br />
<br />I feel fine now and if I get to feeling worse then Ill probably go to the ER, maybe and Ill eat something too but I dont think Im going to take the motrin, just in case thats what caused it and I will take the antibiotic but I wont take all my enzymes, I think I want to keep my stools a little soft for now and plus I read something about drinking plenty of liquids and eating fruits to keep me hydrated. Oh and my stomach doesnt hurt either, go figure.
<br />
<br />I was wondering if this has happened to any one of you guys and if so, what did you do and what was wrong?
<br />
<br />Sorry if this seems a little gross but I just have to know and the more the details the better you guys understand whats going on. Thanks....

tara

Black stools are definitely blood, at least in my experience. The only time that happened to me was after sinus surgery. I didn't have my nose packed so when I slept I swallowed a lot of blood. It turned my poops black. I'm sure there are lots of reasons to have blood in the stomach, but one that pops into my mind is an ulcer. Are you on continuous ibuprofin therapy? (high daily doses?) If so, that could be the culprit. Ibuprofin can cause ulcers. You may not have any pain, but vomiting blood and pooping black stool definitely warrants a call to the doctor ASAP.

tara

Black stools are definitely blood, at least in my experience. The only time that happened to me was after sinus surgery. I didn't have my nose packed so when I slept I swallowed a lot of blood. It turned my poops black. I'm sure there are lots of reasons to have blood in the stomach, but one that pops into my mind is an ulcer. Are you on continuous ibuprofin therapy? (high daily doses?) If so, that could be the culprit. Ibuprofin can cause ulcers. You may not have any pain, but vomiting blood and pooping black stool definitely warrants a call to the doctor ASAP.

tara

tara

tara

princessjdc

I tak ibropofin 600mg, 1 three times a day with meals for inflamation. Im thinking that this is what is causing it. And i just got tht ill feeling again and no vomiting this time but I went #2 again and my head didnt feel any better afterwards, after laying down some I felt better but the stools was like water, stil dark/black and I could still see red in it. Im thinking I might to the ER, I just dont want to spend that money. Thanks for the info Tara, it was helful.

princessjdc

I tak ibropofin 600mg, 1 three times a day with meals for inflamation. Im thinking that this is what is causing it. And i just got tht ill feeling again and no vomiting this time but I went #2 again and my head didnt feel any better afterwards, after laying down some I felt better but the stools was like water, stil dark/black and I could still see red in it. Im thinking I might to the ER, I just dont want to spend that money. Thanks for the info Tara, it was helful.

princessjdc

princessjdc

princessjdc

lightNlife

If you're on an antibiotic, this could be a C. diff problem. Tara is probably correct as well with her info about ulcers. Get thee to a physician!

lightNlife

If you're on an antibiotic, this could be a C. diff problem. Tara is probably correct as well with her info about ulcers. Get thee to a physician!

lightNlife

lightNlife

lightNlife