Having a melt down with Clinic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lee2006

Need to vent! My 2yr. old son has been sick twice since the begining of August. This is the second time in 1 month that I feel the clinic brushed me off just prescribing antibiotic, without asking to see him. I have always felt confident with our clinic until the CF nurse practioner who worked in that office for 20 years went to another department. Now I feel like things are getting brushed off and not taking as serious. What is your clinics procedure for a sick child? He is coughing, icky yucky overflowing green nose , and wheezing but still has a good appetite and is super active.Thanks for listening!

Lee2006

Need to vent! My 2yr. old son has been sick twice since the begining of August. This is the second time in 1 month that I feel the clinic brushed me off just prescribing antibiotic, without asking to see him. I have always felt confident with our clinic until the CF nurse practioner who worked in that office for 20 years went to another department. Now I feel like things are getting brushed off and not taking as serious. What is your clinics procedure for a sick child? He is coughing, icky yucky overflowing green nose , and wheezing but still has a good appetite and is super active.Thanks for listening!

Lee2006

Lee2006

Lee2006

sdavis227

When DS gets sick, it's just more CPT/Vest and nebs. They only get worried if he's having trouble breathing, which we've never had to deal with, so I'm not sure what they do then.

I'd think that with the wheezing they should at least discuss the treatment options so that you feel comfortable about it.

sdavis227

When DS gets sick, it's just more CPT/Vest and nebs. They only get worried if he's having trouble breathing, which we've never had to deal with, so I'm not sure what they do then.

I'd think that with the wheezing they should at least discuss the treatment options so that you feel comfortable about it.

sdavis227

sdavis227

sdavis227

<br />
<br />I'd think that with the wheezing they should at least discuss the treatment options so that you feel comfortable about it.

T

tammykrumrey

Lisa,

Normally when my girls get sick, they don't ask to see them. Usually, they start an antibiotic, based on the most current throat/sputum culture and the sensitivities that the 'bugs' show. And we are to increase CPT. IF, they are not better in a about a week, we are instructed to call them.

A few times our doctor has asked me to run them over to the pediatrician to take a look/listen, instead of me driving 45-60 mins to CF clinic. One time he has sent me to the pediatrican plus in for X-Rays at a local radiology office. The only problem with going someplace 'new' for x-rays is that last time they insisted that Kayla had pnemonia, when in fact what they were seeing was her 'normal' scarring.

I can say, that only one time in the past (almost) nine years have I ever had to take them to CF Clinic due to being so sick. And that was after trying an oral antibiotic first. And I was told upfront to pack a bag just in case...which we needed b/c she was admitted.

T

tammykrumrey

Lisa,

Normally when my girls get sick, they don't ask to see them. Usually, they start an antibiotic, based on the most current throat/sputum culture and the sensitivities that the 'bugs' show. And we are to increase CPT. IF, they are not better in a about a week, we are instructed to call them.

A few times our doctor has asked me to run them over to the pediatrician to take a look/listen, instead of me driving 45-60 mins to CF clinic. One time he has sent me to the pediatrican plus in for X-Rays at a local radiology office. The only problem with going someplace 'new' for x-rays is that last time they insisted that Kayla had pnemonia, when in fact what they were seeing was her 'normal' scarring.

I can say, that only one time in the past (almost) nine years have I ever had to take them to CF Clinic due to being so sick. And that was after trying an oral antibiotic first. And I was told upfront to pack a bag just in case...which we needed b/c she was admitted.

T

tammykrumrey

Lisa,

T

tammykrumrey

Lisa,

T

tammykrumrey

Lisa,
<br />
<br />Normally when my girls get sick, they don't ask to see them. Usually, they start an antibiotic, based on the most current throat/sputum culture and the sensitivities that the 'bugs' show. And we are to increase CPT. IF, they are not better in a about a week, we are instructed to call them.
<br />
<br />A few times our doctor has asked me to run them over to the pediatrician to take a look/listen, instead of me driving 45-60 mins to CF clinic. One time he has sent me to the pediatrican plus in for X-Rays at a local radiology office. The only problem with going someplace 'new' for x-rays is that last time they insisted that Kayla had pnemonia, when in fact what they were seeing was her 'normal' scarring.
<br />
<br />I can say, that only one time in the past (almost) nine years have I ever had to take them to CF Clinic due to being so sick. And that was after trying an oral antibiotic first. And I was told upfront to pack a bag just in case...which we needed b/c she was admitted.

RyansRenegades

When Ryan gets sick, i usually am able to just call the pulm nurse and/or Ryan's attending MD and we take care of it over the phone initally to get things started. I make reccommendations for what I feel the neccessary treatments should be and kind of bounce it off of the team and they either agree or they will make any neccessary changes to what I have suggested. Once underway with the prescibed treatment, I make a follow up appointment so that his attending can see him in person to make sure everything is going well.

Usually we just increase his neb treatments at first to see if that helps, then we may add a steroid and if things are still sounding "juicy" then we move to an antibiotic. Have never really had to run back and forth to clinic to get this taken care of. Hope this helps

RyansRenegades

When Ryan gets sick, i usually am able to just call the pulm nurse and/or Ryan's attending MD and we take care of it over the phone initally to get things started. I make reccommendations for what I feel the neccessary treatments should be and kind of bounce it off of the team and they either agree or they will make any neccessary changes to what I have suggested. Once underway with the prescibed treatment, I make a follow up appointment so that his attending can see him in person to make sure everything is going well.

Usually we just increase his neb treatments at first to see if that helps, then we may add a steroid and if things are still sounding "juicy" then we move to an antibiotic. Have never really had to run back and forth to clinic to get this taken care of. Hope this helps

RyansRenegades

RyansRenegades

RyansRenegades

<br />
<br />Usually we just increase his neb treatments at first to see if that helps, then we may add a steroid and if things are still sounding "juicy" then we move to an antibiotic. Have never really had to run back and forth to clinic to get this taken care of. Hope this helps