Having More Children

ColbysMom

Hi!
My husband and I are both carriers of the DF508 and currently have a 1 year old son with CF. Both my husband and I agree that this last year has been the best year of our life but also the scariest. We never know what tomorrow may bring.
We have made a decision that we cannot handle the stress of another child with CF, but do know that we want at least 1 more child to be Colby's buddy!
My question that I canot seem to find an answer on is what are my options and what are some of the costs?

I know a lot of you are probably going through this same thing and I would definitly appreciate your thoughts!

Thanks!!
Jessica

ColbysMom

Hi!
My husband and I are both carriers of the DF508 and currently have a 1 year old son with CF. Both my husband and I agree that this last year has been the best year of our life but also the scariest. We never know what tomorrow may bring.
We have made a decision that we cannot handle the stress of another child with CF, but do know that we want at least 1 more child to be Colby's buddy!
My question that I canot seem to find an answer on is what are my options and what are some of the costs?

I know a lot of you are probably going through this same thing and I would definitly appreciate your thoughts!

Thanks!!
Jessica

ColbysMom

Hi!

Thanks!!
Jessica

ColbysMom

Hi!

Thanks!!
Jessica

ColbysMom

Hi!
<br /> My husband and I are both carriers of the DF508 and currently have a 1 year old son with CF. Both my husband and I agree that this last year has been the best year of our life but also the scariest. We never know what tomorrow may bring.
<br /> We have made a decision that we cannot handle the stress of another child with CF, but do know that we want at least 1 more child to be Colby's buddy!
<br /> My question that I canot seem to find an answer on is what are my options and what are some of the costs?
<br />
<br />I know a lot of you are probably going through this same thing and I would definitly appreciate your thoughts!
<br />
<br />Thanks!!
<br />Jessica

mbrandazzo

Hi,

My husband and I are currently in the process of doing IVF with PGD, which is a procedure where they can test the embryos retrieved from me for CF... It is a very difficult decision to make, and one I would weigh carefully. We decided it was what would be best for our family, and therefore are going through with it. The cost of the IVF is covered under my insurance because of previous fertility issues, but the PGD is not. The cost of PGD is roughly $5,000. The cost of IVF is about $13,000 or so... Neither are cheap. Hope that helps some and I wish you all the best in your decision.

mbrandazzo

Hi,

My husband and I are currently in the process of doing IVF with PGD, which is a procedure where they can test the embryos retrieved from me for CF... It is a very difficult decision to make, and one I would weigh carefully. We decided it was what would be best for our family, and therefore are going through with it. The cost of the IVF is covered under my insurance because of previous fertility issues, but the PGD is not. The cost of PGD is roughly $5,000. The cost of IVF is about $13,000 or so... Neither are cheap. Hope that helps some and I wish you all the best in your decision.

mbrandazzo

Hi,

mbrandazzo

Hi,

mbrandazzo

Hi,
<br />
<br />My husband and I are currently in the process of doing IVF with PGD, which is a procedure where they can test the embryos retrieved from me for CF... It is a very difficult decision to make, and one I would weigh carefully. We decided it was what would be best for our family, and therefore are going through with it. The cost of the IVF is covered under my insurance because of previous fertility issues, but the PGD is not. The cost of PGD is roughly $5,000. The cost of IVF is about $13,000 or so... Neither are cheap. Hope that helps some and I wish you all the best in your decision.

ColbysMom

Thanks so much for the advice Megan. It's a very hard decision, but my husband and I feel that $10,000 is nothing compared to the cost of a child with cf! Let me know how things go! Thanks,

ColbysMom

Thanks so much for the advice Megan. It's a very hard decision, but my husband and I feel that $10,000 is nothing compared to the cost of a child with cf! Let me know how things go! Thanks,

ColbysMom

ColbysMom

ColbysMom