Healthcare in California

Lance2020x

Alright I posted this in "Healthcare" but still haven't gotten any responses.

I've been offered an at home job with a company in N. California that would require about 6 months of self study, and I also found a great deal for a place to live in that same town in California.
At the same time, yet unrelated, I realized that I need to start preparing to move out of my current apartment (in Nashville TN) and preparing to leave my current job.
I can do my studying anywhere, but it would be beneficial to be in N. Cali while I was studying, plus there are other reasons I want to be there, and if I'm about to leave my current work/living situation.. why not?

So, after battling healthcare in TN all my life, I'm worried about the healthcare situation. A doctor or social worker once told me that California has a program that covers everything for CF patients, but then I've heard Californians on this board say that's not true.

Does anybody have any info, phone numbers, suggestions, ANYTHING about healthcare in California for CFers?

Lance2020x

I've been offered an at home job with a company in N. California that would require about 6 months of self study, and I also found a great deal for a place to live in that same town in California.
At the same time, yet unrelated, I realized that I need to start preparing to move out of my current apartment (in Nashville TN) and preparing to leave my current job.
I can do my studying anywhere, but it would be beneficial to be in N. Cali while I was studying, plus there are other reasons I want to be there, and if I'm about to leave my current work/living situation.. why not?

So, after battling healthcare in TN all my life, I'm worried about the healthcare situation. A doctor or social worker once told me that California has a program that covers everything for CF patients, but then I've heard Californians on this board say that's not true.

Does anybody have any info, phone numbers, suggestions, ANYTHING about healthcare in California for CFers?

Lance2020x

Lance2020x

Lance2020x

<br />
<br />I've been offered an at home job with a company in N. California that would require about 6 months of self study, and I also found a great deal for a place to live in that same town in California.
<br />At the same time, yet unrelated, I realized that I need to start preparing to move out of my current apartment (in Nashville TN) and preparing to leave my current job.
<br />I can do my studying anywhere, but it would be beneficial to be in N. Cali while I was studying, plus there are other reasons I want to be there, and if I'm about to leave my current work/living situation.. why not?
<br />
<br />So, after battling healthcare in TN all my life, I'm worried about the healthcare situation. A doctor or social worker once told me that California has a program that covers everything for CF patients, but then I've heard Californians on this board say that's not true.
<br />
<br />Does anybody have any info, phone numbers, suggestions, ANYTHING about healthcare in California for CFers?

saveferris2009

Ya there's a program called GHPP.

Be careful about relying on government funded healthcare, especially in CA.

More people are moving to CA for the gov't benefits and those who don't use gov't benefits (but pay them) are leaving for lower tax states. This is really exacerbating the funding issues for these types of programs.

Companies are leaving the state as well because taxes are high - and taking their tax revenues with them.

CA's current budget crisis is a good reminder that gov't plans can be cut at any time, and I know GHPP was either in jeopardy of being scaled back or already has been.

Funding aside, the program is very bureaucratic and takes a while to get things approved.

Are you going to get health insurance through your new job?

Here's the link to GHPP

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.dhcs.ca.gov/services/ghpp/Pages/default.aspx
">http://www.dhcs.ca.gov/service...es/default.aspx
</a>

saveferris2009

More people are moving to CA for the gov't benefits and those who don't use gov't benefits (but pay them) are leaving for lower tax states. This is really exacerbating the funding issues for these types of programs.

Companies are leaving the state as well because taxes are high - and taking their tax revenues with them.

CA's current budget crisis is a good reminder that gov't plans can be cut at any time, and I know GHPP was either in jeopardy of being scaled back or already has been.

Funding aside, the program is very bureaucratic and takes a while to get things approved.

Here's the link to GHPP

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.dhcs.ca.gov/services/ghpp/Pages/default.aspx
</a>

saveferris2009

Here's the link to GHPP

</a>

saveferris2009

Here's the link to GHPP

</a>

saveferris2009

<br />
<br />Be careful about relying on government funded healthcare, especially in CA.
<br />
<br />More people are moving to CA for the gov't benefits and those who don't use gov't benefits (but pay them) are leaving for lower tax states. This is really exacerbating the funding issues for these types of programs.
<br />
<br />Companies are leaving the state as well because taxes are high - and taking their tax revenues with them.
<br />
<br />CA's current budget crisis is a good reminder that gov't plans can be cut at any time, and I know GHPP was either in jeopardy of being scaled back or already has been.
<br />
<br />Funding aside, the program is very bureaucratic and takes a while to get things approved.
<br />
<br />Are you going to get health insurance through your new job?
<br />
<br />Here's the link to GHPP
<br />
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.dhcs.ca.gov/services/ghpp/Pages/default.aspx
<br />">http://www.dhcs.ca.gov/service...es/default.aspx
<br /></a>
<br />
<br />

saveferris2009

If the link above doesn't work, as Ennio why links don't work when you edit your post.

I've been complaining about this on this board for 3+ years, and still, it's not fixed.

Unreal.

saveferris2009

If the link above doesn't work, as Ennio why links don't work when you edit your post.

I've been complaining about this on this board for 3+ years, and still, it's not fixed.

Unreal.

saveferris2009

Unreal.

saveferris2009

Unreal.

saveferris2009

<br />
<br />I've been complaining about this on this board for 3+ years, and still, it's not fixed.
<br />
<br />Unreal.

Lance2020x

No, the company wants to hire me to take the work they can't handle off of their hands. So I would be working under/for the company, but basically working for myself covering their overload.
I've got to find a way to hang onto my Tennessee health coverage until I am able to have something else lined up. This is very frustrating having to act as though I'm moving to another country when I move states solely because of something I was born with.
*sigh* C'est La vi

Lance2020x

No, the company wants to hire me to take the work they can't handle off of their hands. So I would be working under/for the company, but basically working for myself covering their overload.
I've got to find a way to hang onto my Tennessee health coverage until I am able to have something else lined up. This is very frustrating having to act as though I'm moving to another country when I move states solely because of something I was born with.
*sigh* C'est La vi

Lance2020x

*sigh* C'est La vi

Lance2020x

*sigh* C'est La vi

Lance2020x

<br />I've got to find a way to hang onto my Tennessee health coverage until I am able to have something else lined up. This is very frustrating having to act as though I'm moving to another country when I move states solely because of something I was born with.
<br />*sigh* C'est La vi