Hearing loss from IV Tobramycin

damiensmom

If I may ask, proverbs3 and others when did you notice the hearing loss? Is there anything you think could have been done diffrently to prevent some of the hearing loss, I do not mean to pry, but this is a big concern of mine, Damien still doesnt really talk he will be 2 on September 1st. We finally got an appoitment with audioogy in our cf clinic it took 6 months or better to get the appoitment we go september 7th. Damien has been on iv gentimician. I really want to watch closely and monitor him and the iv s he will be getting threw out his life. Any words of advise. How old is Faith? How many times has she had ivs of tobramician? and for how long ? If I may ask?

damiensmom

If I may ask, proverbs3 and others when did you notice the hearing loss? Is there anything you think could have been done diffrently to prevent some of the hearing loss, I do not mean to pry, but this is a big concern of mine, Damien still doesnt really talk he will be 2 on September 1st. We finally got an appoitment with audioogy in our cf clinic it took 6 months or better to get the appoitment we go september 7th. Damien has been on iv gentimician. I really want to watch closely and monitor him and the iv s he will be getting threw out his life. Any words of advise. How old is Faith? How many times has she had ivs of tobramician? and for how long ? If I may ask?

damiensmom

damiensmom

damiensmom

proverbs3

Sorry for any delayed responses. We were on vacation and just returned. Thank you everyone for your ideas. We did see a pediatric audiologist and they were great. Right now I think we're going to continue to learn sign language, even thought it's going slow, and to look into some hearing devices.

Faith is 11 and was on Tobra off and on for about 6 months. She plays the piano and one day said that the upper keys all sound the same. We have noticed that it seems to be getting worse. I was hoping to figure something out before school started, but it doesn't look like I'm going to make it.

We knew about the side effects when she was taking it, but what do you do? We just pray it doesn't get any worse and that we can figure out a way for her to hear better.

And no, you're not prying. That's why I like this website. Ask anything you want.

proverbs3

Sorry for any delayed responses. We were on vacation and just returned. Thank you everyone for your ideas. We did see a pediatric audiologist and they were great. Right now I think we're going to continue to learn sign language, even thought it's going slow, and to look into some hearing devices.

Faith is 11 and was on Tobra off and on for about 6 months. She plays the piano and one day said that the upper keys all sound the same. We have noticed that it seems to be getting worse. I was hoping to figure something out before school started, but it doesn't look like I'm going to make it.

We knew about the side effects when she was taking it, but what do you do? We just pray it doesn't get any worse and that we can figure out a way for her to hear better.

And no, you're not prying. That's why I like this website. Ask anything you want.

proverbs3

proverbs3

proverbs3

damiensmom

Thank you, Im glad I have pushed for audiology early, had she had any ivs early in infancy. What the hell can you do , I mean your looken at the lesser of two evils . Your daughter is blond anbd wore a black hat in a christmas picture that is in the gallery on this site? Beautiful girl.

damiensmom

Thank you, Im glad I have pushed for audiology early, had she had any ivs early in infancy. What the hell can you do , I mean your looken at the lesser of two evils . Your daughter is blond anbd wore a black hat in a christmas picture that is in the gallery on this site? Beautiful girl.

damiensmom

damiensmom

damiensmom

damiensmom

damiensmom

damiensmom

damiensmom

damiensmom