Hello everyone

Qiangshi

Loulou: I've read about LD, and some symptoms do correspond, but I haven't been biten by a thick. I'm not american actually. I'm portuguese. In my country there are only 2 medical departments that specifically treat CF patients, and I happen to live relatively near one, and there are only about 250 people or so in my country with this disease.

Jeana: My physician told me that no further testing was necessary, because I've already made genetic mapping and I don't seem to suffer from the most common gene mutations of CFTR. She just said that the only thing she needs to know is that I have a chronic respiratory disorder, or cystic fibrosis related disease, as she said. But I'm going to have the same treatment as regular cf patient. You have nice kids there. I hope they have good health.

petitesouris: I think if I had depression I would be in a worse state. I don't want to be sedated with anti-depressants, on top of the rest of the medication I already take. But I won't deny that this disease has a certain psychological effect on the mind. I'm sorry to hear you also have diabetes though.

Qiangshi

Loulou: I've read about LD, and some symptoms do correspond, but I haven't been biten by a thick. I'm not american actually. I'm portuguese. In my country there are only 2 medical departments that specifically treat CF patients, and I happen to live relatively near one, and there are only about 250 people or so in my country with this disease.

Jeana: My physician told me that no further testing was necessary, because I've already made genetic mapping and I don't seem to suffer from the most common gene mutations of CFTR. She just said that the only thing she needs to know is that I have a chronic respiratory disorder, or cystic fibrosis related disease, as she said. But I'm going to have the same treatment as regular cf patient. You have nice kids there. I hope they have good health.

petitesouris: I think if I had depression I would be in a worse state. I don't want to be sedated with anti-depressants, on top of the rest of the medication I already take. But I won't deny that this disease has a certain psychological effect on the mind. I'm sorry to hear you also have diabetes though.

Qiangshi

Qiangshi

Qiangshi

<br />
<br />Jeana: My physician told me that no further testing was necessary, because I've already made genetic mapping and I don't seem to suffer from the most common gene mutations of CFTR. She just said that the only thing she needs to know is that I have a chronic respiratory disorder, or cystic fibrosis related disease, as she said. But I'm going to have the same treatment as regular cf patient. You have nice kids there. I hope they have good health.
<br />
<br />petitesouris: I think if I had depression I would be in a worse state. I don't want to be sedated with anti-depressants, on top of the rest of the medication I already take. But I won't deny that this disease has a certain psychological effect on the mind. I'm sorry to hear you also have diabetes though.

Dawg

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Qiangshi</b></i>

First of all, hello to everyone, this is my first post. I'm 22 years old and I was diagnosed two years ago. Although my physician confirmed that I had CF through a new type of test, which was rectal biposy (Ouch!), now she said that the diagnosis is inconclusive because that test is not reliable....I'm not the typical case, because I seem to have symptoms only in the respiratory system, I normally have thick mucus,cough and dyspnea, and all tests indicate that my digestive function is normal, sweat test had borderline results, and my ermm... sperm count is at normal levels.</end quote></div>

welcome and i guess im confused. if digesting is normal why would they test with rectal biposy adn would this even sho anything with normal digesting? then u mention sweat test---which test was it that said u had cf?

Dawg

First of all, hello to everyone, this is my first post. I'm 22 years old and I was diagnosed two years ago. Although my physician confirmed that I had CF through a new type of test, which was rectal biposy (Ouch!), now she said that the diagnosis is inconclusive because that test is not reliable....I'm not the typical case, because I seem to have symptoms only in the respiratory system, I normally have thick mucus,cough and dyspnea, and all tests indicate that my digestive function is normal, sweat test had borderline results, and my ermm... sperm count is at normal levels.</end quote></div>

welcome and i guess im confused. if digesting is normal why would they test with rectal biposy adn would this even sho anything with normal digesting? then u mention sweat test---which test was it that said u had cf?

Dawg

Dawg

First of all, hello to everyone, this is my first post. I'm 22 years old and I was diagnosed two years ago. Although my physician confirmed that I had CF through a new type of test, which was rectal biposy (Ouch!), now she said that the diagnosis is inconclusive because that test is not reliable....I'm not the typical case, because I seem to have symptoms only in the respiratory system, I normally have thick mucus,cough and dyspnea, and all tests indicate that my digestive function is normal, sweat test had borderline results, and my ermm... sperm count is at normal levels.</end quote>

Dawg

<br />
<br />First of all, hello to everyone, this is my first post. I'm 22 years old and I was diagnosed two years ago. Although my physician confirmed that I had CF through a new type of test, which was rectal biposy (Ouch!), now she said that the diagnosis is inconclusive because that test is not reliable....I'm not the typical case, because I seem to have symptoms only in the respiratory system, I normally have thick mucus,cough and dyspnea, and all tests indicate that my digestive function is normal, sweat test had borderline results, and my ermm... sperm count is at normal levels.</end quote>
<br />
<br />welcome and i guess im confused. if digesting is normal why would they test with rectal biposy adn would this even sho anything with normal digesting? then u mention sweat test---which test was it that said u had cf?
<br />
<br />

saveferris2009

I would recommend getting a full panel genetic test (if socialized medicine will pay for this). There are thousands of identified genes - 3 new drugs are in the pipeline to treat CF that are gene specific.

So you would be wise to figure out which CF genes you have. Take care.

saveferris2009

I would recommend getting a full panel genetic test (if socialized medicine will pay for this). There are thousands of identified genes - 3 new drugs are in the pipeline to treat CF that are gene specific.

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

<br />
<br />So you would be wise to figure out which CF genes you have. Take care.

Qiangshi

My physician has already mentioned that full panel genetic test, but she said that it's very complicated, and they had to send the blood results to US or Germany. But I've already made a genetic test to know if I've had the most common mutations and that test was negative. But now I'm curious though, what to you mean with socialized medicine?

As for the rectal biopsy, they took blood samples, and it had nothing to do with digesting. The objective was to know whether there was an abnormality in transport of water and salt in the blood, so they could confirm if I had CF.

Qiangshi

My physician has already mentioned that full panel genetic test, but she said that it's very complicated, and they had to send the blood results to US or Germany. But I've already made a genetic test to know if I've had the most common mutations and that test was negative. But now I'm curious though, what to you mean with socialized medicine?

As for the rectal biopsy, they took blood samples, and it had nothing to do with digesting. The objective was to know whether there was an abnormality in transport of water and salt in the blood, so they could confirm if I had CF.

Qiangshi

Qiangshi

Qiangshi

<br />
<br />As for the rectal biopsy, they took blood samples, and it had nothing to do with digesting. The objective was to know whether there was an abnormality in transport of water and salt in the blood, so they could confirm if I had CF.