Help - Stroke Like?

kmaried

Hi everyone,

I'm a bit freaked out right now and was wondering if anyone could help me. For those of you that don't know I am 25 w/CF, dx at 3 mos. I have slight CFRD, CFRA, and Hypothyroidism. I haven't been having a great winter between the arthritis and hemoptosis. I've been having frequent bleeds.

Anyway, this morning I woke up (before my alarm) feeling really really dizzy, and I almost thought maybe I couldn't breathe or something? And I was having trouble moving -- like I'd try to sit up, but I'd lay back down, almost involuntarily, and my arm wasn't quite going where I wanted it to? I started yelling for my mom - I was kinda panicked and confused - and she came in and handed me a tissue, but I had trouble taking it at first. This all started to get better after a few minutes, and I realized I was numb - like pins and needles - in a lot of places. My left knee took about an hour to feel un-numb. Then I was freezing, because I had been sweating... which could have just been from my panic. I feel ok now, not great, but I'm not sure how much of my not good is just worry.

I know this sounds absolutely nuts, but it was kinda alarming. But it was really pretty scary. Now I just feel tired/weak. The only thing my mom could think it sounded like was a mild stroke... which would be ironic, since I've been having so many lung bleeds.

If anyone has any advice/experience or anything to offer, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you!!,
Kris

kmaried

Hi everyone,

I'm a bit freaked out right now and was wondering if anyone could help me. For those of you that don't know I am 25 w/CF, dx at 3 mos. I have slight CFRD, CFRA, and Hypothyroidism. I haven't been having a great winter between the arthritis and hemoptosis. I've been having frequent bleeds.

Anyway, this morning I woke up (before my alarm) feeling really really dizzy, and I almost thought maybe I couldn't breathe or something? And I was having trouble moving -- like I'd try to sit up, but I'd lay back down, almost involuntarily, and my arm wasn't quite going where I wanted it to? I started yelling for my mom - I was kinda panicked and confused - and she came in and handed me a tissue, but I had trouble taking it at first. This all started to get better after a few minutes, and I realized I was numb - like pins and needles - in a lot of places. My left knee took about an hour to feel un-numb. Then I was freezing, because I had been sweating... which could have just been from my panic. I feel ok now, not great, but I'm not sure how much of my not good is just worry.

I know this sounds absolutely nuts, but it was kinda alarming. But it was really pretty scary. Now I just feel tired/weak. The only thing my mom could think it sounded like was a mild stroke... which would be ironic, since I've been having so many lung bleeds.

Thank you!!,
Kris

kmaried

Hi everyone,

Thank you!!,
Kris

kmaried

Hi everyone,

Thank you!!,
Kris

kmaried

Hi everyone,

Thank you!!,
Kris

dbtoo

Not really ironic. You may have experienced a <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4781">TIA.</a> It <i>may </i>have been caused by the clotting from the bleeds. IMHO - Discuss it with your doctor, asap.

Don't let them blow you off, either.

My wife has a blood disorder -antiphospholid antibody syndrom. She's had 4 strokes and lots of tia's. Usually with her, a tia indicates her blood is too 'thick'.

dbtoo

Not really ironic. You may have experienced a <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4781">TIA.</a> It <i>may </i>have been caused by the clotting from the bleeds. IMHO - Discuss it with your doctor, asap.

My wife has a blood disorder -antiphospholid antibody syndrom. She's had 4 strokes and lots of tia's. Usually with her, a tia indicates her blood is too 'thick'.

dbtoo

dbtoo

dbtoo

JORDYSMOM

Oh Kris, I think you should talk to the doc. Those are definite warning signs. Let us know what you find out.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Oh Kris, I think you should talk to the doc. Those are definite warning signs. Let us know what you find out.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

Diane

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>JORDYSMOM</b></i>

Stacey</end quote></div>

I was thinking the exact same thing. I would not let this one go too easily. It may be nothing , but it's better to hear that , than to ignore it . It definitely could have been a warning sign, Don't ignore it. Let us know what's going on when you find out.

Diane

Stacey</end quote></div>

I was thinking the exact same thing. I would not let this one go too easily. It may be nothing , but it's better to hear that , than to ignore it . It definitely could have been a warning sign, Don't ignore it. Let us know what's going on when you find out.

Diane

Stacey</end quote></div>

Diane

Stacey</end quote>

Diane

Stacey</end quote>