help with 2yr old and nebulizer

M

Mommafirst

WHAT!!!!??? No more bubbles masks???? Yup, that's gonna be a problem. Though we use sidestream nebs with the dragon mak usually because the sidestream works better with our compressor.

M

Mommafirst

WHAT!!!!??? No more bubbles masks???? Yup, that's gonna be a problem. Though we use sidestream nebs with the dragon mak usually because the sidestream works better with our compressor.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

clawson5104

My son is 2 also, and some days he does treatments good, sometimes he don't. Alot of times he'll start good, but by the 3rd treatment, fight. or vice versa. my son used to use albuterol too. it hyped him up so bad and made treatment times much harder. made him shaky too. his docs changed him to xopenex. big difference. but we do movies, and songs, and sometimes i do hold him on my lap. there are times i have to turn off compressor for a minute and try to get his attention with something, and turn it on again. this is the same w/ cpt. my son is VERY hyper anyways. I think it is just the age. Sometimes I let him help me get his nebs ready by squeezing meds in, and he turns it on and off. there have been times that i just had to turn them off and wait till he falls asleep. we don't use the elastic band on our masks either. we just hold them. I wish you luck! You are NOT alone on this one!

clawson5104

My son is 2 also, and some days he does treatments good, sometimes he don't. Alot of times he'll start good, but by the 3rd treatment, fight. or vice versa. my son used to use albuterol too. it hyped him up so bad and made treatment times much harder. made him shaky too. his docs changed him to xopenex. big difference. but we do movies, and songs, and sometimes i do hold him on my lap. there are times i have to turn off compressor for a minute and try to get his attention with something, and turn it on again. this is the same w/ cpt. my son is VERY hyper anyways. I think it is just the age. Sometimes I let him help me get his nebs ready by squeezing meds in, and he turns it on and off. there have been times that i just had to turn them off and wait till he falls asleep. we don't use the elastic band on our masks either. we just hold them. I wish you luck! You are NOT alone on this one!

clawson5104

clawson5104

clawson5104

C

cfangel03

when Ashley was 2 we nebulized her in her bed at night.It put her to sleep.
Once sleeping, I continued, very easy. To this day, she is now 5, the nebulizer calms her down and still puts her to sleep.
Good Luck!
Whatever works for you is best!
Leah Orr

C

cfangel03

Once sleeping, I continued, very easy. To this day, she is now 5, the nebulizer calms her down and still puts her to sleep.
Good Luck!
Leah Orr

C

cfangel03

Good Luck!
Leah Orr

C

cfangel03

Good Luck!
Leah Orr

C

cfangel03

<br />Once sleeping, I continued, very easy. To this day, she is now 5, the nebulizer calms her down and still puts her to sleep.
<br />Good Luck!
<br />Whatever works for you is best!
<br />Leah Orr