help :(

coltsfan715

I had my gallbladder removed about 3 years ago after having misdiagnosed gallbladder attacks for about 2 years. I did not have the typical gallbladder pain, which is part of the reason they went misdiagnosed for so long, everyone I saw for the pain said I was having anxiety attacks.

I would get pain in my entire chest area - back sides and front. It felt like extreme gas pain at the start. Then it just felt like someone was squeezing my rib cage to the point that I could not breathe. I would end up naueous and hyperventilating and by the time it was finally correctly diagnosed I was throwing up at the end of every attack. To add the only reason we ever looked into gallbladder problems was because I had bloodwork come back with elevated liver enzymes and I purused the issue myself. I had several tests and ultrasounds and scans done and everything either showed nothing obviously wrong OR they were completely unable to find my gallbladder with some tests.

Turned out I had so many gallstones that my gallbladder was full and there was no way to fit anything else in there. I had my gallbladder removed and haven't really had any issues since. I get occasional pancreatitis symptoms but nothing outrageous or long lasting.

I would talk to the doc about it and definitely do NOT let it go if they won't listen to you at first. After living with that pain for 2 years I wish I had taken more steps to advocate for myself at the time cause that pain is excriciating.

Best Wishes,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

I had my gallbladder removed about 3 years ago after having misdiagnosed gallbladder attacks for about 2 years. I did not have the typical gallbladder pain, which is part of the reason they went misdiagnosed for so long, everyone I saw for the pain said I was having anxiety attacks.

I would get pain in my entire chest area - back sides and front. It felt like extreme gas pain at the start. Then it just felt like someone was squeezing my rib cage to the point that I could not breathe. I would end up naueous and hyperventilating and by the time it was finally correctly diagnosed I was throwing up at the end of every attack. To add the only reason we ever looked into gallbladder problems was because I had bloodwork come back with elevated liver enzymes and I purused the issue myself. I had several tests and ultrasounds and scans done and everything either showed nothing obviously wrong OR they were completely unable to find my gallbladder with some tests.

Turned out I had so many gallstones that my gallbladder was full and there was no way to fit anything else in there. I had my gallbladder removed and haven't really had any issues since. I get occasional pancreatitis symptoms but nothing outrageous or long lasting.

I would talk to the doc about it and definitely do NOT let it go if they won't listen to you at first. After living with that pain for 2 years I wish I had taken more steps to advocate for myself at the time cause that pain is excriciating.

Best Wishes,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Best Wishes,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Best Wishes,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Best Wishes,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Just wanted to add that typically fatty foods cause more problems than anything, but for me MY problem causer was sodas or carbonated beverages. EVERY time I drank one I would end up having an attack within an hour or so.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Just wanted to add that typically fatty foods cause more problems than anything, but for me MY problem causer was sodas or carbonated beverages. EVERY time I drank one I would end up having an attack within an hour or so.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Lindsey

Asexyblond23

I would deff get it checked out like everyone has said. I starting having attacks when I was 16, they said it all stemed from stress thats what made my gallstones act up, I had just lost my dad and was in the hospital for a surgery. They put me on actigall which is a med that is used to help disolve gallstones. I took it for 4 years and had no other problems so they stopped me on it. About 2 years ago 2 weeks before my wedding one night I was really stressed and my side started to hurt I knew exaclty what it i was. But it went away and I thought I was ok. About 4 months later my husband was about to be deployed and the first month he was gone they hit again and bad. They wanted to take my gallbladder out but with him gone I said no way, I want the actigall. It ususally takes 6 months for it to start disolving them but the relief starts in a week. I have had some pain when I dont take it reguallary sometimes but it works great for me and with all my cf and blood problems I try to stay away from surgery as much as I can.

Asexyblond23

I would deff get it checked out like everyone has said. I starting having attacks when I was 16, they said it all stemed from stress thats what made my gallstones act up, I had just lost my dad and was in the hospital for a surgery. They put me on actigall which is a med that is used to help disolve gallstones. I took it for 4 years and had no other problems so they stopped me on it. About 2 years ago 2 weeks before my wedding one night I was really stressed and my side started to hurt I knew exaclty what it i was. But it went away and I thought I was ok. About 4 months later my husband was about to be deployed and the first month he was gone they hit again and bad. They wanted to take my gallbladder out but with him gone I said no way, I want the actigall. It ususally takes 6 months for it to start disolving them but the relief starts in a week. I have had some pain when I dont take it reguallary sometimes but it works great for me and with all my cf and blood problems I try to stay away from surgery as much as I can.

Asexyblond23

Asexyblond23

Asexyblond23

MrBungle213

I always just thought these pains were just pleural inflammation, since it seems to happen a lot more when I have an exacerbation of infection. But this past week when I was checked in, my liver enzymes were out of whack (which has happened before, but no real cause was found), they had me get an ultrasound, and found my gall bladder is acting up. They said it's not a goner yet but there were some stones and contraction, and it will probably have to come out someday. They said it was pretty common for CFer's, but it was news to me. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

MrBungle213

I always just thought these pains were just pleural inflammation, since it seems to happen a lot more when I have an exacerbation of infection. But this past week when I was checked in, my liver enzymes were out of whack (which has happened before, but no real cause was found), they had me get an ultrasound, and found my gall bladder is acting up. They said it's not a goner yet but there were some stones and contraction, and it will probably have to come out someday. They said it was pretty common for CFer's, but it was news to me. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

MrBungle213

MrBungle213

MrBungle213