Hi! A lurker becomes a member!

mom2haydie

Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome!

Melissa W- We too were told that Hayden couldn't get her vest until she was older, although our doctor had said age 2. But a company called Respirtech recently came out with one that, I believe, has vests even to fit a one year old. Maybe even younger. It seems that would be a lot of shaking for a kid any younger than one I would think. She has done great with it from the beginning (we've had it for months now). We spent weeks just turning it on, letting her feel the vibrations with her hands, putting it on stuffed animals, making our voices sound funny, etc. The part of the video of her in it is actually her very first time to wear it. We had played around with it so much it wasn't scary to her at all. Maybe you could ask your doctor about it. The Respirtech people are very nice and helpful as well. I look forward to talking to you more in the future!

mom2haydie

Melissa W- We too were told that Hayden couldn't get her vest until she was older, although our doctor had said age 2. But a company called Respirtech recently came out with one that, I believe, has vests even to fit a one year old. Maybe even younger. It seems that would be a lot of shaking for a kid any younger than one I would think. She has done great with it from the beginning (we've had it for months now). We spent weeks just turning it on, letting her feel the vibrations with her hands, putting it on stuffed animals, making our voices sound funny, etc. The part of the video of her in it is actually her very first time to wear it. We had played around with it so much it wasn't scary to her at all. Maybe you could ask your doctor about it. The Respirtech people are very nice and helpful as well. I look forward to talking to you more in the future!

mom2haydie

mom2haydie

mom2haydie

MelissaW

Mom2haydie- Thanks for the information. We go in next week to see the doctor so I will definitely ask about it. I like the approach you took to getting her used to the vest. I will have to remember that. And please feel free to email me as well if you ever want to chat or have questions. wiggins.melissa@gmail.com. It is ALWAYS nice to talk with people who understand what you are going through. Your video and story reminded me so much of my daughter. Definitely made me tear up (and brought back a lot of memories) which is exactly what you want for Great Strides! Sad to say but it always makes people donate more which is what we want!

MelissaW

Mom2haydie- Thanks for the information. We go in next week to see the doctor so I will definitely ask about it. I like the approach you took to getting her used to the vest. I will have to remember that. And please feel free to email me as well if you ever want to chat or have questions. wiggins.melissa@gmail.com. It is ALWAYS nice to talk with people who understand what you are going through. Your video and story reminded me so much of my daughter. Definitely made me tear up (and brought back a lot of memories) which is exactly what you want for Great Strides! Sad to say but it always makes people donate more which is what we want!

MelissaW

MelissaW

MelissaW

Alyssa

Holy cow... what a knock your socks off video !! That is a really awesome presentation... very well done.

I was updating my Great Strides letter just today.... now more than ever, I'm thinking I should be doing a video presentation like that... it sure is more dramatic than reading an entire page of typed words on my letter ~ how boring my letter seems now!

Your closing statement of "Money buys science and science buys life" is brilliant... did you come up with that yourself or did you get it from somewhere else? Can I steal it and use it on my fund raising efforts too?

Oh, and of course... welcome to the site !!!

Alyssa

Holy cow... what a knock your socks off video !! That is a really awesome presentation... very well done.

I was updating my Great Strides letter just today.... now more than ever, I'm thinking I should be doing a video presentation like that... it sure is more dramatic than reading an entire page of typed words on my letter ~ how boring my letter seems now!

Your closing statement of "Money buys science and science buys life" is brilliant... did you come up with that yourself or did you get it from somewhere else? Can I steal it and use it on my fund raising efforts too?

Alyssa

Alyssa

Alyssa