Hi I am a newlywed married to someone with cf!

W

windex125

This may sound mean, and I don't want it to so please don't mis-understand. But stop preparing the meds let him be responsible for his treatments and preparing.It is important for him to take care of himself.You want to help him but don't become his nurse, you will have issues in years to come and maybe become resentful, he will depend on you too much. I am a woman of 55 married 30yrs. The only time I ask for my husband for help if I need pounding on my back vs my vest, which always works well.The vest bless it for being invented,but nothing beats the human hands to really work those plugs loose. You should have him make a list of all meds he is taking just so you know in case of emergency, but don't fill the pill case. You sound very in love and want to be involved in taking care of him becasue he is yr. husband and that is all well and good. But don't take on the disease as well, treating him well instead of sick is the best treatment. I leanred that from my Mom. I never got special treatment and I think all those chores kept my lungs clear before any vest did. Best wishes to you. Oh one last thing I think he may be having a bug and running a fever is always a sign so you shd be ckg fever every 4hrs. and use tyenol only if it's over 100 and throw in a extra treatment. but of course call the doctor as well.

W

windex125

This may sound mean, and I don't want it to so please don't mis-understand. But stop preparing the meds let him be responsible for his treatments and preparing.It is important for him to take care of himself.You want to help him but don't become his nurse, you will have issues in years to come and maybe become resentful, he will depend on you too much. I am a woman of 55 married 30yrs. The only time I ask for my husband for help if I need pounding on my back vs my vest, which always works well.The vest bless it for being invented,but nothing beats the human hands to really work those plugs loose. You should have him make a list of all meds he is taking just so you know in case of emergency, but don't fill the pill case. You sound very in love and want to be involved in taking care of him becasue he is yr. husband and that is all well and good. But don't take on the disease as well, treating him well instead of sick is the best treatment. I leanred that from my Mom. I never got special treatment and I think all those chores kept my lungs clear before any vest did. Best wishes to you. Oh one last thing I think he may be having a bug and running a fever is always a sign so you shd be ckg fever every 4hrs. and use tyenol only if it's over 100 and throw in a extra treatment. but of course call the doctor as well.