high altitude climbing

CFkarmakid

Hey guys, I just wanted to know if a person with CF can do high altitude climbing, Like mountain climbing or other activities in that field.

CFkarmakid

Hey guys, I just wanted to know if a person with CF can do high altitude climbing, Like mountain climbing or other activities in that field.

CFkarmakid

CFkarmakid

CFkarmakid

tesorotiffa

I don't know, but I hope someone offers an answer because my husband and I were just talking about going mountain climbing!

tesorotiffa

I don't know, but I hope someone offers an answer because my husband and I were just talking about going mountain climbing!

tesorotiffa

tesorotiffa

tesorotiffa

JazzysMom

I would think the only real thing holding you back is your response to the high altitude itself.

Some people have no problems, some people some & some people known.

When I flew this Summer I felt little flutters in my chest. I was on 02 & glad for it because I think it helped. Now 20 years ago being that high didnt bother me.

I know some folks who live up in the mountains & notice it only when they come down to lower altitude.

My concern would be if you react to the altitude & then on top of that have the physical endurance you must withstand that the two together could be difficult....

JazzysMom

I would think the only real thing holding you back is your response to the high altitude itself.

When I flew this Summer I felt little flutters in my chest. I was on 02 & glad for it because I think it helped. Now 20 years ago being that high didnt bother me.

I know some folks who live up in the mountains & notice it only when they come down to lower altitude.

My concern would be if you react to the altitude & then on top of that have the physical endurance you must withstand that the two together could be difficult....

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />Some people have no problems, some people some & some people known.
<br />
<br />When I flew this Summer I felt little flutters in my chest. I was on 02 & glad for it because I think it helped. Now 20 years ago being that high didnt bother me.
<br />
<br />I know some folks who live up in the mountains & notice it only when they come down to lower altitude.
<br />
<br />My concern would be if you react to the altitude & then on top of that have the physical endurance you must withstand that the two together could be difficult....

MicheleGazelle

I think it would depend in part on how much you are willing and able to do to accommodate your special needs. Many years before my diagnosis, I took a scuba class while living in Germany, where the lake water was quite cold even though it was June. I was also still breast feeding. I ended up dropping out. It was just all too much and I didn't have a diagnosis yet so I didn't really know that I needed special consideration, much less what kind I might need.

So, if it can be done successfully, I would assume you will need to do some "extra" stuff to make it work.

MicheleGazelle

I think it would depend in part on how much you are willing and able to do to accommodate your special needs. Many years before my diagnosis, I took a scuba class while living in Germany, where the lake water was quite cold even though it was June. I was also still breast feeding. I ended up dropping out. It was just all too much and I didn't have a diagnosis yet so I didn't really know that I needed special consideration, much less what kind I might need.

So, if it can be done successfully, I would assume you will need to do some "extra" stuff to make it work.

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

<br />
<br />So, if it can be done successfully, I would assume you will need to do some "extra" stuff to make it work.