Hillrom105 vest

izemmom

We have always had the 105, but the last one didn't stop for coughs. We've had this one for about 3 weeks, after our original one died. (I think it was missing it's long time partner the Pari Pro-neb which passed about a week prior...).

On our's, "Program A" came pre-programmed with "Minnesota Protocol". It was pretty darn close to what we were doing, so we've just been using that. It is 6 program points with a pause at the end of each one. And yes, there's that goofy little on minute interval at the end of the last huff break.

Were have been told by one of the RT's here at the hospital that we aren't following a "true" Minnesota protocol...but, as I said, it's what we had been doing, as perscribed by our pulmonologist after she consulted with several other docs.

Now, here's my question. How do we get one particular RT , who had apparantly never seen a machine that came pre-programmed (as in, the family had it programmed when the got to the hospital, so she really shouldn't be touching it except to start it...) from messing with it. We finally got her to understand that it didn't need to be set up every time, and she freaked when it stopped for the cough and hit "off" which then made us have to go back to the begining... Very frustrating. Emily must sense my feelings for this particular person, because she will not speak to her. She complies and gets her treatment done, but kind of has an eye-rolling expression the whole time. Ooooops.

izemmom

We have always had the 105, but the last one didn't stop for coughs. We've had this one for about 3 weeks, after our original one died. (I think it was missing it's long time partner the Pari Pro-neb which passed about a week prior...).

On our's, "Program A" came pre-programmed with "Minnesota Protocol". It was pretty darn close to what we were doing, so we've just been using that. It is 6 program points with a pause at the end of each one. And yes, there's that goofy little on minute interval at the end of the last huff break.

Were have been told by one of the RT's here at the hospital that we aren't following a "true" Minnesota protocol...but, as I said, it's what we had been doing, as perscribed by our pulmonologist after she consulted with several other docs.

Now, here's my question. How do we get one particular RT , who had apparantly never seen a machine that came pre-programmed (as in, the family had it programmed when the got to the hospital, so she really shouldn't be touching it except to start it...) from messing with it. We finally got her to understand that it didn't need to be set up every time, and she freaked when it stopped for the cough and hit "off" which then made us have to go back to the begining... Very frustrating. Emily must sense my feelings for this particular person, because she will not speak to her. She complies and gets her treatment done, but kind of has an eye-rolling expression the whole time. Ooooops.