Holding your little one for "procedures"

• Thread starter kaylee04cassidy08
  • Start date

yellowsmom

Holding your little one for

i agree, let the nurse swaddle. I have a 5year old and up untill recently I held her down for everything, but I noticed that she was staying very mad at me. So now I let the nurse do it, we talk about it before and after. She seems to handle it much better.

yellowsmom

i agree, let the nurse swaddle. I have a 5year old and up untill recently I held her down for everything, but I noticed that she was staying very mad at me. So now I let the nurse do it, we talk about it before and after. She seems to handle it much better.

yellowsmom

yellowsmom

yellowsmom

ymikhale

I found that explaining to my 2 yr old that we are going to get a shot or whatever really made things easier. I repeat it several times before we go. I also hold her hand to comfort.

ymikhale

I found that explaining to my 2 yr old that we are going to get a shot or whatever really made things easier. I repeat it several times before we go. I also hold her hand to comfort.

ymikhale

ymikhale

ymikhale

Gnome

I don't know if this will help but I bring a DVD player into the office to distract the kids. I also try to space the procedures out if I can. I got the paperwork for routine bloodwork (all they find is a Vitamin D deficency if that) 2 months ago and I still haven't brought my son in for it. I will before Xmas. I stalled with the bloodwork because my son got his regular vaccinations (MMR and all those), his flu shot, and his H1N1 shot recently. He was quite tramatized by the last one the H1N1 so I've been holding off on the bloodwork.

Gnome

I don't know if this will help but I bring a DVD player into the office to distract the kids. I also try to space the procedures out if I can. I got the paperwork for routine bloodwork (all they find is a Vitamin D deficency if that) 2 months ago and I still haven't brought my son in for it. I will before Xmas. I stalled with the bloodwork because my son got his regular vaccinations (MMR and all those), his flu shot, and his H1N1 shot recently. He was quite tramatized by the last one the H1N1 so I've been holding off on the bloodwork.

Gnome

Gnome

Gnome