Home IV Balls

Sakem

I had never heard of these? How do they work, do u just hook them up when it's time for the infusion, u do they stay on all day? Can Tobrimician and/or Zoysin be used by them?

Sakem

I had never heard of these? How do they work, do u just hook them up when it's time for the infusion, u do they stay on all day? Can Tobrimician and/or Zoysin be used by them?

Sakem

Sakem

Sakem

JazzysMom

Tobra & Zosyn can be used in them tho my home health agency tried telling me NO.

This is a more expensive method of administering the meds so the profit will be cut into. My insurance pays XX amount for the meds. They dont care HOW it gets administered. My doctor specifically ordered them.

Tobra takes about 1 hour to infuse for me. The rest are about 30 minutes.

Its the same idea as an IV bag in the hospital excedpt its in this pressure based ball. You can stick it in a pocket of an oversized shirt & walk around. You attach & flush just like any other iv tho.

LOVE THEM!

Did I mention I LOVE THEM!

JazzysMom

Tobra & Zosyn can be used in them tho my home health agency tried telling me NO.

This is a more expensive method of administering the meds so the profit will be cut into. My insurance pays XX amount for the meds. They dont care HOW it gets administered. My doctor specifically ordered them.

Its the same idea as an IV bag in the hospital excedpt its in this pressure based ball. You can stick it in a pocket of an oversized shirt & walk around. You attach & flush just like any other iv tho.

LOVE THEM!

JazzysMom

LOVE THEM!

JazzysMom

LOVE THEM!

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />This is a more expensive method of administering the meds so the profit will be cut into. My insurance pays XX amount for the meds. They dont care HOW it gets administered. My doctor specifically ordered them.
<br />
<br />Tobra takes about 1 hour to infuse for me. The rest are about 30 minutes.
<br />
<br />Its the same idea as an IV bag in the hospital excedpt its in this pressure based ball. You can stick it in a pocket of an oversized shirt & walk around. You attach & flush just like any other iv tho.
<br />
<br />LOVE THEM!
<br />
<br />Did I mention I LOVE THEM!

TestifyToLove

Mel pretty much covered it. You flush, screw it in, open the tubing and tuck it in. Right now, we're doing Amicakin and Timentin. We've done tobra as well this way. Our home health agency says the Pharmacists have to manually fill these, so ANY IV meds can be put into them. Now, you can't run fluids if you are needing to be hydrated, but any of those meds you would hang in small bags is no problem.

M's amicakin takes 30 minutes and his Timetin is taking 45. We do the amicakin, wait 30 minutes, unscrew the used ball, flush the line, screw in the Timetin, wait 45 minutes, unscrew the used ball, flush the line again and close the tubing. When not in use, we just tuck the PICC line into the Baby Leg and no one is even aware that he has it.

TestifyToLove

Mel pretty much covered it. You flush, screw it in, open the tubing and tuck it in. Right now, we're doing Amicakin and Timentin. We've done tobra as well this way. Our home health agency says the Pharmacists have to manually fill these, so ANY IV meds can be put into them. Now, you can't run fluids if you are needing to be hydrated, but any of those meds you would hang in small bags is no problem.

M's amicakin takes 30 minutes and his Timetin is taking 45. We do the amicakin, wait 30 minutes, unscrew the used ball, flush the line, screw in the Timetin, wait 45 minutes, unscrew the used ball, flush the line again and close the tubing. When not in use, we just tuck the PICC line into the Baby Leg and no one is even aware that he has it.

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove

<br />
<br />M's amicakin takes 30 minutes and his Timetin is taking 45. We do the amicakin, wait 30 minutes, unscrew the used ball, flush the line, screw in the Timetin, wait 45 minutes, unscrew the used ball, flush the line again and close the tubing. When not in use, we just tuck the PICC line into the Baby Leg and no one is even aware that he has it.