Home IV Balls

M

mneville

Aidan just did the infusion balls for Vanco. He did develop RedMan Syndrome in the hospital so his balls took about 3-3/1/2 hours each time to infuse. That stunk but still better than an IV.

Megan

M

mneville

Aidan just did the infusion balls for Vanco. He did develop RedMan Syndrome in the hospital so his balls took about 3-3/1/2 hours each time to infuse. That stunk but still better than an IV.

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

<br />
<br />Megan

just1more

Ok, I did some cost digging online.

The Eclipse pump (balls) at 50ml/hr rate (price is fairly close for mose rates) RETAIL for ~$9/each.

An std IV pump (can't find syringe pump specifically) rents for about $50/wk.

Thus a 2 week course of IV's 4x/day would cost about $500 for the pump balls or $100 for a pump.

If you used IV's 4x/year, this adds $1600 a year or ~$10K before Haley turns 21 and ages out of your insurance.

just1more

The Eclipse pump (balls) at 50ml/hr rate (price is fairly close for mose rates) RETAIL for ~$9/each.

Thus a 2 week course of IV's 4x/day would cost about $500 for the pump balls or $100 for a pump.

If you used IV's 4x/year, this adds $1600 a year or ~$10K before Haley turns 21 and ages out of your insurance.

just1more

just1more

just1more

<br />
<br />The Eclipse pump (balls) at 50ml/hr rate (price is fairly close for mose rates) RETAIL for ~$9/each.
<br />
<br />An std IV pump (can't find syringe pump specifically) rents for about $50/wk.
<br />
<br />Thus a 2 week course of IV's 4x/day would cost about $500 for the pump balls or $100 for a pump.
<br />
<br />If you used IV's 4x/year, this adds $1600 a year or ~$10K before Haley turns 21 and ages out of your insurance.

M

Mommafirst

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>just1more</b></i>

If you used IV's 4x/year, this adds $1600 a year or ~$10K before Haley turns 21 and ages out of your insurance.</end quote></div>

This is good info, but you didn't figure in the cost of the syringes that go into the pumps. Those might not cost as much as the balls, but they must add to cost of doing the IVs with the pump, right?

:sigh: its all soooo much money and so frustrating!

M

Mommafirst

If you used IV's 4x/year, this adds $1600 a year or ~$10K before Haley turns 21 and ages out of your insurance.</end quote></div>

This is good info, but you didn't figure in the cost of the syringes that go into the pumps. Those might not cost as much as the balls, but they must add to cost of doing the IVs with the pump, right?

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

If you used IV's 4x/year, this adds $1600 a year or ~$10K before Haley turns 21 and ages out of your insurance.</end quote>

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />Ok, I did some cost digging online.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />The Eclipse pump (balls) at 50ml/hr rate (price is fairly close for mose rates) RETAIL for ~$9/each.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />An std IV pump (can't find syringe pump specifically) rents for about $50/wk.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Thus a 2 week course of IV's 4x/day would cost about $500 for the pump balls or $100 for a pump.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />If you used IV's 4x/year, this adds $1600 a year or ~$10K before Haley turns 21 and ages out of your insurance.</end quote>
<br />
<br />This is good info, but you didn't figure in the cost of the syringes that go into the pumps. Those might not cost as much as the balls, but they must add to cost of doing the IVs with the pump, right?
<br />
<br />:sigh: its all soooo much money and so frustrating!
<br />
<br />