home IVS

bagged2drag

Sad the insurance would put up a fight. If only they had the brains to see that if you don't have home IV's, you will be in the hospital with them anyway. The should be happy to oblige then huh? lol. Never had to have a letter myself, they just did the regimen.

bagged2drag

Sad the insurance would put up a fight. If only they had the brains to see that if you don't have home IV's, you will be in the hospital with them anyway. The should be happy to oblige then huh? lol. Never had to have a letter myself, they just did the regimen.

bagged2drag

bagged2drag

bagged2drag

Marjolein

I think they should pay it on the fact that you are much safer from other bacteria and virusses when you are at home.
Also, it's much less expensive. Even though in the hospital, the hospital has to pay for part of the medicine they give (at least that's the case here). Insurance still has to pay a lot per day when you are in. For the bed, single room and so on.
When you are at home they will only have to pay for the meds and the equipment, when you can do everything else like changing meds yourself ofcourse.

I hope that, when you do decide to get iv's, they will help you feel better and tha you won't need them for a long time.

Love, Marjolein

Marjolein

I think they should pay it on the fact that you are much safer from other bacteria and virusses when you are at home.
Also, it's much less expensive. Even though in the hospital, the hospital has to pay for part of the medicine they give (at least that's the case here). Insurance still has to pay a lot per day when you are in. For the bed, single room and so on.
When you are at home they will only have to pay for the meds and the equipment, when you can do everything else like changing meds yourself ofcourse.

I hope that, when you do decide to get iv's, they will help you feel better and tha you won't need them for a long time.

Love, Marjolein

Marjolein

Love, Marjolein

Marjolein

Love, Marjolein

Marjolein

Love, Marjolein

JennifersHope

My insurance in NJ would not support Home IVS.. I had to go into the hospital each and every time I needed them.. or if I chose to do home IVs I had to pay out of pocket till my max out of pocket was $25,000... which is insane.

We fought and argued with them till I was blue in the face, but their policy was their policy.. Now when I moved, I kept the Cobra version of that policy and for some reason, I have not see a bill for the seven weeks or at home IVS that I have had so far.. Medications are totally different and totally wiping me out, but my at home service is covered completly

It really depends on what your insurance plan states, and then their usually is different tears of home care that you insurance will pay for, I lucked out for the first time ever and have one that is primary choice so I don't hve to pay as much.

I would try to argue the point of cost with the insurance company and see, but it sounds like your company just wants a lettter of need from your doctor, and your doctor can just write that you need it and what you dx is.. such as CF and that should be good enough to cover a letter of need.

JennifersHope

My insurance in NJ would not support Home IVS.. I had to go into the hospital each and every time I needed them.. or if I chose to do home IVs I had to pay out of pocket till my max out of pocket was $25,000... which is insane.

We fought and argued with them till I was blue in the face, but their policy was their policy.. Now when I moved, I kept the Cobra version of that policy and for some reason, I have not see a bill for the seven weeks or at home IVS that I have had so far.. Medications are totally different and totally wiping me out, but my at home service is covered completly

It really depends on what your insurance plan states, and then their usually is different tears of home care that you insurance will pay for, I lucked out for the first time ever and have one that is primary choice so I don't hve to pay as much.

I would try to argue the point of cost with the insurance company and see, but it sounds like your company just wants a lettter of need from your doctor, and your doctor can just write that you need it and what you dx is.. such as CF and that should be good enough to cover a letter of need.

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

JennifersHope