Home Remedies: Bleeding throat

mom2lillian

I caught a wicked nasty head cold that so far (knock on wood) is leaving my lungs in not too bad of shape. It has resulted in one of those horrid dry throat based coughs. Between CF meds and all the couging and such my throat is absolutely raw to the point of bleeding. I am 100% positive it is not my lungs adn its not 'bleeding' its just leaving pink tinges.

Any ideas to help the throat, I got this once before.

Thanks

mom2lillian

I caught a wicked nasty head cold that so far (knock on wood) is leaving my lungs in not too bad of shape. It has resulted in one of those horrid dry throat based coughs. Between CF meds and all the couging and such my throat is absolutely raw to the point of bleeding. I am 100% positive it is not my lungs adn its not 'bleeding' its just leaving pink tinges.

Thanks

mom2lillian

Thanks

mom2lillian

Thanks

mom2lillian

<br />
<br />Any ideas to help the throat, I got this once before.
<br />
<br />Thanks

Skye

I had a very dry throat problem today for other reasons. I have some sinus issues going on and I kind of over did the sinus rinse thing. Just kind of made the back of my throat dry and very irritated....blah. Almost the feeling of a sore throat only worse and I knew the rinse caused it. Anyway, I have learned that rinsing with regular mouthwash is not a great thing because of the alcohol and that to prevent thrush and other yucky things rinsing with one of those moisturizing mouthwashes is a good thing.....so......I rinsed with a moisturizing mouthwash that has no alcohol and my yucky and tender throat felt better within about 15 minutes. I think the name of the rinse was Biotene.....something like that. It was awesome. Let me tell you that my back of the throat was SUPER dry from overnight O2 and sinus rinses.

Skye

I had a very dry throat problem today for other reasons. I have some sinus issues going on and I kind of over did the sinus rinse thing. Just kind of made the back of my throat dry and very irritated....blah. Almost the feeling of a sore throat only worse and I knew the rinse caused it. Anyway, I have learned that rinsing with regular mouthwash is not a great thing because of the alcohol and that to prevent thrush and other yucky things rinsing with one of those moisturizing mouthwashes is a good thing.....so......I rinsed with a moisturizing mouthwash that has no alcohol and my yucky and tender throat felt better within about 15 minutes. I think the name of the rinse was Biotene.....something like that. It was awesome. Let me tell you that my back of the throat was SUPER dry from overnight O2 and sinus rinses.

Skye

Skye

Skye

mom2lillian

Thank you both for quick reply.

Skye-my grandma is religious with biotene I know exactly what you are talking about I will need to invest in a bottle. Thanks for teh idea. I also way overdid it with the rinses and I suck that back through my throat and spit it out so that is part of this too.

Lou Lou-I will give it a go, I can tell you the sinus rinses do not feel good on it but that was in a different spot so what the hey!

mom2lillian

Skye-my grandma is religious with biotene I know exactly what you are talking about I will need to invest in a bottle. Thanks for teh idea. I also way overdid it with the rinses and I suck that back through my throat and spit it out so that is part of this too.

Lou Lou-I will give it a go, I can tell you the sinus rinses do not feel good on it but that was in a different spot so what the hey!

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

<br />
<br />Skye-my grandma is religious with biotene I know exactly what you are talking about I will need to invest in a bottle. Thanks for teh idea. I also way overdid it with the rinses and I suck that back through my throat and spit it out so that is part of this too.
<br />
<br />Lou Lou-I will give it a go, I can tell you the sinus rinses do not feel good on it but that was in a different spot so what the hey!