Home schooling...advice?

katlynnsmom

Hello,
My daughter is 9 w/cf. She is in the 4th grade this year. She started the year 2 weeks late beacuse she went into the hospital.She had the same thing..lung infection w/ staph still showing up she contacted earlier in the year.So this is her second week of school and she has probably gone 4 whole days. Last week she complained of stomach cramps and sore throat. Which this last hospital visit they put her on new med's....hypertonic saline and tobi neb.So I thought the hyper was making her throat sore.But this week it has turned up to be a virus going around at school.Seventy kids came to the school nurse in a day..she said..some to take their med's but most were sick.A viral thing the doc said.Head ache,congestion,runny nose and sore throat. She is on so many med's now.The only thing they could give her is a steriod. Take it for 5 days and see your cf doc. monday ...1 1/2 hrs. away. If she is not better she may have to be admitted...been there done that 2 weeks ago...for 2 1/2 weeks away from home! She just cannot go to school and not catch something...What do you do? This year has been the worst.Second year at a new and bigger school..Has 8, 4th grade classes. So many kids..and so many parents send them to school sick.So now I am really considering home schooling. Don't know how to go about doing it...gotta get more info.Don't want to take her away from the social life of school activities..but I can't go week to week with her being sick and going back and forth to the hospital. So we thought if we home school her then we could find something away from home for her to do as a hobby or activity...sports.Any advice would be helpful.And if you are home schooling give me some info. on how and how its going..Thanks
Nora
Mom to Katlynn 9 w/cf

katlynnsmom

Hello,
My daughter is 9 w/cf. She is in the 4th grade this year. She started the year 2 weeks late beacuse she went into the hospital.She had the same thing..lung infection w/ staph still showing up she contacted earlier in the year.So this is her second week of school and she has probably gone 4 whole days. Last week she complained of stomach cramps and sore throat. Which this last hospital visit they put her on new med's....hypertonic saline and tobi neb.So I thought the hyper was making her throat sore.But this week it has turned up to be a virus going around at school.Seventy kids came to the school nurse in a day..she said..some to take their med's but most were sick.A viral thing the doc said.Head ache,congestion,runny nose and sore throat. She is on so many med's now.The only thing they could give her is a steriod. Take it for 5 days and see your cf doc. monday ...1 1/2 hrs. away. If she is not better she may have to be admitted...been there done that 2 weeks ago...for 2 1/2 weeks away from home! She just cannot go to school and not catch something...What do you do? This year has been the worst.Second year at a new and bigger school..Has 8, 4th grade classes. So many kids..and so many parents send them to school sick.So now I am really considering home schooling. Don't know how to go about doing it...gotta get more info.Don't want to take her away from the social life of school activities..but I can't go week to week with her being sick and going back and forth to the hospital. So we thought if we home school her then we could find something away from home for her to do as a hobby or activity...sports.Any advice would be helpful.And if you are home schooling give me some info. on how and how its going..Thanks
Nora
Mom to Katlynn 9 w/cf

katlynnsmom

Hello,
Nora
Mom to Katlynn 9 w/cf

katlynnsmom

Hello,
Nora
Mom to Katlynn 9 w/cf

katlynnsmom

Hello,
<br /> My daughter is 9 w/cf. She is in the 4th grade this year. She started the year 2 weeks late beacuse she went into the hospital.She had the same thing..lung infection w/ staph still showing up she contacted earlier in the year.So this is her second week of school and she has probably gone 4 whole days. Last week she complained of stomach cramps and sore throat. Which this last hospital visit they put her on new med's....hypertonic saline and tobi neb.So I thought the hyper was making her throat sore.But this week it has turned up to be a virus going around at school.Seventy kids came to the school nurse in a day..she said..some to take their med's but most were sick.A viral thing the doc said.Head ache,congestion,runny nose and sore throat. She is on so many med's now.The only thing they could give her is a steriod. Take it for 5 days and see your cf doc. monday ...1 1/2 hrs. away. If she is not better she may have to be admitted...been there done that 2 weeks ago...for 2 1/2 weeks away from home! She just cannot go to school and not catch something...What do you do? This year has been the worst.Second year at a new and bigger school..Has 8, 4th grade classes. So many kids..and so many parents send them to school sick.So now I am really considering home schooling. Don't know how to go about doing it...gotta get more info.Don't want to take her away from the social life of school activities..but I can't go week to week with her being sick and going back and forth to the hospital. So we thought if we home school her then we could find something away from home for her to do as a hobby or activity...sports.Any advice would be helpful.And if you are home schooling give me some info. on how and how its going..Thanks
<br /> Nora
<br /> Mom to Katlynn 9 w/cf

paysmom

There are different types of home schooling. We go trough a public school for our home school and once a week they have a two hour class for socialization. Then he plays soccer. We have also looked in to a home school online that you do all at home on the computer. Which I dont know if I like this idea since we have alot of home schools in our area. This is our third year and he loves it. We also take him to Michaels on saterdays for crafts for kids. Hope some other moms that home school can answer your questions better.

paysmom

There are different types of home schooling. We go trough a public school for our home school and once a week they have a two hour class for socialization. Then he plays soccer. We have also looked in to a home school online that you do all at home on the computer. Which I dont know if I like this idea since we have alot of home schools in our area. This is our third year and he loves it. We also take him to Michaels on saterdays for crafts for kids. Hope some other moms that home school can answer your questions better.

paysmom

paysmom

paysmom

kitomd21

Nora -
My husband and his two sisters were homeschooled by their mother. She did everything correctly in exposing them to social activities/"co-ops". Check out <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.hslda.org/Default.asp?bhcp=1">http://www.hslda.org/Default.asp?bhcp=1</a> for further information.

kitomd21

Nora -
My husband and his two sisters were homeschooled by their mother. She did everything correctly in exposing them to social activities/"co-ops". Check out <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.hslda.org/Default.asp?bhcp=1">http://www.hslda.org/Default.asp?bhcp=1</a> for further information.

kitomd21

Nora -

kitomd21

Nora -

kitomd21

Nora -
<br />My husband and his two sisters were homeschooled by their mother. She did everything correctly in exposing them to social activities/"co-ops". Check out <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.hslda.org/Default.asp?bhcp=1">http://www.hslda.org/Default.asp?bhcp=1</a> for further information.

just1more

PM my wife (testifytolove) on this site and she can answer your questions better than I.

She currently homeschools all our kids, including several with special needs so I'm gonna drop her a note and ask her to try and post here but my son has a clinic appt today so not sure if she is getting on.

just1more

PM my wife (testifytolove) on this site and she can answer your questions better than I.

She currently homeschools all our kids, including several with special needs so I'm gonna drop her a note and ask her to try and post here but my son has a clinic appt today so not sure if she is getting on.

just1more

just1more

just1more

<br />
<br />She currently homeschools all our kids, including several with special needs so I'm gonna drop her a note and ask her to try and post here but my son has a clinic appt today so not sure if she is getting on.
<br />