Hormone testing-Ladies

bigstar

Hello girls. I was just wondering if anyone of you had a hormonal testing through menstrual cycle. Im dealing with irregular periods for over 12 years (god so long) and im also dealing with persistent acne. Im intending to ask my doctor to prescribe me blood testing for hormonal levels. Has any of you done it before? How are CF hormones?Any similar experiences?

triples15

Super Moderator
Hi Big Star,

The only hormone testing I have had done was when I was going through my fertility workup years ago. They did the "cycle day 3 labs" (3rd day of menstruation). All of my hormone levels were good, except my thyroid stimulating hormones were a little high. They ordered some follow up testing and that turned out to be normal too. So from that testing, it would seem all my hormones are in check. ;)

I wouldn't think seeking the testing could hurt anything. Have you talked to your gyno about the issues you are having? I had similar issues while ON birth control (irregular periods, breakthrough bleeding etc). My cycle became normal when I went OFF the pill, which I know is opposite for most people. However, I recently started on birth control again after having my daughter. I don't know yet if it is affecting my cycle as my period has not yet returned due to breastfeeding. I'm really hoping my cycle is normal!

Good luck to you! I hope you find some answers!

Autumn 32 w/CF

kmhbeauty

I have also had the "3day cycle labs" and everything came back perfect. I started having acne at 17. It got really bad 19-23. Around 24 it started getting a little better. I am now 27 and I still have acne and still try everything not to break out. It has gotten a lot better and with good makeup, I can hide it well. I have tried everything, every product you can think of, ever pill the doctor prescribed, everything! The only thing I have noticed that helps is the tanning booth. The beds with the purple lights above the face area. I will tan once every two weeks or once a week. I also have noticed lately that I can not sleep with my makeup on at night, not even one night. Another thing I have noticed that helps is eating anti inflammatory foods and lots of fruits and veggies. The other day I had some pain in my foot for about 4 days. I took an ibuprofen 800 mg every day for those days. I noticed my face cleared up and looked very fresh and nice. I am always looing into what I need to do to keep the breakouts from coming. I still cant believe Im 27 and still breakout, its horrible!!

bigstar

I deeply believed all these years that acne and CF are related. I still do.... We have problematic mucus lets face it.

kmhbeauty

I totally agree! I am waiting for the day it goes away forever, maybe when Im 50. Its not too bad right now but every once in awhile I will get a bad break out. I forgot to add that my periods are very regular. Maybe its not something with hormones, maybe its just CF.