How come I didn't know this?

JazzysMom

It makes sense if there is already liver issues or if you are really using a lot for a long period of time. Now there is the other side that Motrin or any aspirin based pain relievers can be a problem for those with hemoptysis so I say dont panic & go according to your child. Remember that EVERY med (OCC or prescription) will have some negative aspect.

JazzysMom

It makes sense if there is already liver issues or if you are really using a lot for a long period of time. Now there is the other side that Motrin or any aspirin based pain relievers can be a problem for those with hemoptysis so I say dont panic & go according to your child. Remember that EVERY med (OCC or prescription) will have some negative aspect.

JazzysMom

kybert

no tylenol? pffffft. paracetamol [same thing] is recommended over any other painkiller for cf patients here.

kybert

no tylenol? pffffft. paracetamol [same thing] is recommended over any other painkiller for cf patients here.

kybert

ReneeP

Our CF dr said exactly the opposite. She said to use Tylonel and never to use Ibuprofen for my girls. I guess it all depends on the dr.

ReneeP

Our CF dr said exactly the opposite. She said to use Tylonel and never to use Ibuprofen for my girls. I guess it all depends on the dr.

ReneeP

Alyssa

My kids are older, but it has never been mentioned in any clinic visit to us or any literature I have read.

Alyssa

My kids are older, but it has never been mentioned in any clinic visit to us or any literature I have read.

Alyssa

Emeraldmirror

In high school i used an excessive amount of tylenol because of the sinus headaches i would get everyday, nothing bad happened.. but everybody's body is different and can react differently to different things... now it is my understanding that aspirin is not recommended for anyone under the age of 18 especially for cf patients due to the fact that it can deplete your vitamin k levels.

Ashley 22 w/cf