How do I know if my friends understand what CF is or how should I tell them I have CF

My friends know I have cf and it is hard to know if they really understand. You have to allow yourself to let others know, don't hide away. I hid myself away from others for way too long but now I realize that it was my own ignorance that made me do that.

All my friends know now (okay so they might not understand fully, but how could I expect them to?), and they are so supportive. They would travel through hell on earth to see me in hospital when I am ill.

My friends know I have cf and it is hard to know if they really understand. You have to allow yourself to let others know, don't hide away. I hid myself away from others for way too long but now I realize that it was my own ignorance that made me do that.

All my friends know now (okay so they might not understand fully, but how could I expect them to?), and they are so supportive. They would travel through hell on earth to see me in hospital when I am ill.

<br />
<br />All my friends know now (okay so they might not understand fully, but how could I expect them to?), and they are so supportive. They would travel through hell on earth to see me in hospital when I am ill.
<br />
<br />

busyscmom

When my daughter was young we lived in a really little town and everybody knew she had CF. It wasn't a big deal to her. When she was 13, we moved to another town (my home town which is near her doctor and hospital) and she didn't tell anybody. She wasn't hiding it, but didn't advertise it either.

She got tired of the rumors. When she had intestinal inflammation, she was pregnant. When she was out of school for a week, she was a drug addict in rehab. When she had to go to the nurse, she had a hang over or was depressed. She couldn't take the rumors anymore, so she volunteered for a newspaper article about CF, featuring her story. It was on the front page and it went a long way toward letting people understand some of the things she went through. Because of the story, businesses in town have volunteered to participate in fund raisers for the CFF.

Her real friends don't treat her any differently.

busyscmom

When my daughter was young we lived in a really little town and everybody knew she had CF. It wasn't a big deal to her. When she was 13, we moved to another town (my home town which is near her doctor and hospital) and she didn't tell anybody. She wasn't hiding it, but didn't advertise it either.

She got tired of the rumors. When she had intestinal inflammation, she was pregnant. When she was out of school for a week, she was a drug addict in rehab. When she had to go to the nurse, she had a hang over or was depressed. She couldn't take the rumors anymore, so she volunteered for a newspaper article about CF, featuring her story. It was on the front page and it went a long way toward letting people understand some of the things she went through. Because of the story, businesses in town have volunteered to participate in fund raisers for the CFF.

busyscmom

busyscmom

busyscmom

<br />
<br />She got tired of the rumors. When she had intestinal inflammation, she was pregnant. When she was out of school for a week, she was a drug addict in rehab. When she had to go to the nurse, she had a hang over or was depressed. She couldn't take the rumors anymore, so she volunteered for a newspaper article about CF, featuring her story. It was on the front page and it went a long way toward letting people understand some of the things she went through. Because of the story, businesses in town have volunteered to participate in fund raisers for the CFF.
<br />
<br />Her real friends don't treat her any differently.

G

girlwithCF123

wow!!!
well the newspaper article thing is a really good way of letting ppl know a little bit more about CF and what us kids have to go through so yea thx.

G

girlwithCF123

wow!!!
well the newspaper article thing is a really good way of letting ppl know a little bit more about CF and what us kids have to go through so yea thx.

G

girlwithCF123

wow!!!

G

girlwithCF123

wow!!!

G

girlwithCF123

wow!!!
<br />well the newspaper article thing is a really good way of letting ppl know a little bit more about CF and what us kids have to go through so yea thx.

ccrider

the thing is most people wont really understand so they dont care but real close friends will talk to u more so bout it and actually care but normal people/friends wont even really think bout it at least that how it is wit me but i dont care if some one know if i have cf it who i am so if they have a prob they can get over it lol

ccrider

the thing is most people wont really understand so they dont care but real close friends will talk to u more so bout it and actually care but normal people/friends wont even really think bout it at least that how it is wit me but i dont care if some one know if i have cf it who i am so if they have a prob they can get over it lol

ccrider

ccrider

ccrider