how do you deal with worsening health

Ricky123

i went into clinic on friday and found to my dismay that my lung function has dropped by 20% about 2 years ago it was fev 1 84% now its fev1 65% and it affects ya iam only 23 ya feel like shite and its as if ya fighting a loosing battle how i deal with this is iam not bothered anymore what will be will be why worry about declining health i rather relax and be peaceful than have health issues always on my mind i remember before i really use to worry about any drop and i use to make myself ill with worrying now iam not botherd its quality of life rather than quantity i know others on here are worser than me and i can completly symapathise with their situation but i relax now and live rather than worry all the time what about others

Ricky123

i went into clinic on friday and found to my dismay that my lung function has dropped by 20% about 2 years ago it was fev 1 84% now its fev1 65% and it affects ya iam only 23 ya feel like shite and its as if ya fighting a loosing battle how i deal with this is iam not bothered anymore what will be will be why worry about declining health i rather relax and be peaceful than have health issues always on my mind i remember before i really use to worry about any drop and i use to make myself ill with worrying now iam not botherd its quality of life rather than quantity i know others on here are worser than me and i can completly symapathise with their situation but i relax now and live rather than worry all the time what about others

Ricky123

JazzysMom

Let me start with the fact of not wanting health issues always on your mind. I completely understand this concept, but dont see how you can truly not have it. Even if you chose to not do any treatments or do minimal......the affects of CF will still be there. That being said....I ?? why such a large drop in PFT & you being what seems surprised. When was the last time you had been to clinic? I dont know what treatments, if any, that you do, but something in my gut tells me not much. I might be completely wrong on that and if I am please accept my apologies. I am basing some of my response to this on thoughts that I had from some of your other posts. I am one that believes your whole life shouldnt be centered around the CF. That your identity should not be CFer. I also realize that it is extremely hard not to have either happen especially as it progresses. When I was young I was able to "get away" with not doing treatments & there were minimal immediate consequences. I was always proud of the fact that I ruled CF & CF didnt rule me. Well fast forward 30 years and even tho I still feel like I rule CF, in the overall sceme of things. CF will rule. No matter what treatments I do/dont do. No matter what exercise I do/dont do. No matter what life activities I do/dont do. Like it or not CF is there having an influence. How so I deal with the worsening. <b>I just do.</b> Some days I cry like a baby. Some days I throw things like an angry lunatic. Some days I laugh, sing & smile no matter what. Some days I just hug my hubby, daughter, dog and whoever/whatever comesmy way. Some days I feel like crap. Some days I feel excellent. I take it minute by minute because otherwise on the bad days its too much to handle. My oldest sis was having medical issues a few years ago that were freaking her out. She asked me during that time how I deal with it. I told her I dont have a choice. I either take my own life, here & now, or I deal with it!

JazzysMom

Let me start with the fact of not wanting health issues always on your mind. I completely understand this concept, but dont see how you can truly not have it. Even if you chose to not do any treatments or do minimal......the affects of CF will still be there. That being said....I ?? why such a large drop in PFT & you being what seems surprised. When was the last time you had been to clinic? I dont know what treatments, if any, that you do, but something in my gut tells me not much. I might be completely wrong on that and if I am please accept my apologies. I am basing some of my response to this on thoughts that I had from some of your other posts. I am one that believes your whole life shouldnt be centered around the CF. That your identity should not be CFer. I also realize that it is extremely hard not to have either happen especially as it progresses. When I was young I was able to "get away" with not doing treatments & there were minimal immediate consequences. I was always proud of the fact that I ruled CF & CF didnt rule me. Well fast forward 30 years and even tho I still feel like I rule CF, in the overall sceme of things. CF will rule. No matter what treatments I do/dont do. No matter what exercise I do/dont do. No matter what life activities I do/dont do. Like it or not CF is there having an influence. How so I deal with the worsening. <b>I just do.</b> Some days I cry like a baby. Some days I throw things like an angry lunatic. Some days I laugh, sing & smile no matter what. Some days I just hug my hubby, daughter, dog and whoever/whatever comesmy way. Some days I feel like crap. Some days I feel excellent. I take it minute by minute because otherwise on the bad days its too much to handle. My oldest sis was having medical issues a few years ago that were freaking her out. She asked me during that time how I deal with it. I told her I dont have a choice. I either take my own life, here & now, or I deal with it!

JazzysMom

Ricky123

jazzy mum firstly thanks for the advice i really appreciate your perspective on this matter as for my treatment yes i do do the treatments and thats what makes it even harder
it just really worries me how the cf can take hold of ya so suddenly
but thanks for the post

Ricky123

jazzy mum firstly thanks for the advice i really appreciate your perspective on this matter as for my treatment yes i do do the treatments and thats what makes it even harder
but thanks for the post

Ricky123

but thanks for the post

Giggles

Yes, CF is a progressive disease and it really sucks how you can do all the " right" treatments etc and take care of yourself and you still decline. BUT that is the nature of the beast. And I find that if I just keep up with all treatments and try to live a normal life then I can build myself up strong to battle the bad days!!! Just stay within yourself. If you find you need a nap, take one. If you need to do more treatments, just do it!

It is so hard but we gotta keep plugign along so we can be strong when we need it!!!

Hang in there and it is okay to be pist and cry etc. Just do not let that attitude rule your world!!! Life is too short!!!

Jennifer 35 yeard old with CF and CFRD

Giggles

Yes, CF is a progressive disease and it really sucks how you can do all the " right" treatments etc and take care of yourself and you still decline. BUT that is the nature of the beast. And I find that if I just keep up with all treatments and try to live a normal life then I can build myself up strong to battle the bad days!!! Just stay within yourself. If you find you need a nap, take one. If you need to do more treatments, just do it!

It is so hard but we gotta keep plugign along so we can be strong when we need it!!!

Hang in there and it is okay to be pist and cry etc. Just do not let that attitude rule your world!!! Life is too short!!!

Giggles

princessjdc

Try hypertonic saline that might help if your not on it yet, it helped me get my pfts up from 65% up to 80% within a year. and yes that is my fev1 Im talkin about.

princessjdc

Try hypertonic saline that might help if your not on it yet, it helped me get my pfts up from 65% up to 80% within a year. and yes that is my fev1 Im talkin about.

princessjdc

Breezy

Join the club! I'm 21 and my function is like 30%. Suprise suprise i got home from work today and there was a message waiting from my pulmonologists office wanting to schedule some tests!!!!!

Breezy

Join the club! I'm 21 and my function is like 30%. Suprise suprise i got home from work today and there was a message waiting from my pulmonologists office wanting to schedule some tests!!!!!