How do you feel about people with colds coming to your house?

M

marcijo

I need some input here. It seems as if each winter I am sick all winter-with one cold (which turns into a resp infection) one after the other.
I am thinking about limiting the people who come over-basically saying that if you are to come to our house-you must not be sick.
Over Thanksgiving, my sister in law brought over her 3 year old who was coughing like crazy all over the place. My stepsister also brought over her 3 year old who was coughing as well (although not quite as bad). Now-one week later-both of my kids come down with a BAD cold (one had croup) and I am sick once again and on meds.
My lung function as of October was about 86% - so I am doing ok in that department. It does scare me being sick and on meds all winter though.
So-would you in the future not let anyone come over who obviously has cold or who is sick? I know I am not going to be able to avoid it all together, since my kids are in school and my husband is a teacher-but I figure the less exposure I have the better.
The other day a friend called me and told me she was not coming over to a get together at our house because she had a bad cold-I really appreciated this (she is a nurse so she knows). Should I be sure and let everyone know that if they are sick-they shouldn't come over? I hate to do this, but I really think it would maybe help to cut down on the number of lung infections I get each year.
I think many of our friends/family just don't realize how bad it is if I get a cold.
Any opinions?? Thanks!

M

marcijo

I need some input here. It seems as if each winter I am sick all winter-with one cold (which turns into a resp infection) one after the other.
I am thinking about limiting the people who come over-basically saying that if you are to come to our house-you must not be sick.
Over Thanksgiving, my sister in law brought over her 3 year old who was coughing like crazy all over the place. My stepsister also brought over her 3 year old who was coughing as well (although not quite as bad). Now-one week later-both of my kids come down with a BAD cold (one had croup) and I am sick once again and on meds.
My lung function as of October was about 86% - so I am doing ok in that department. It does scare me being sick and on meds all winter though.
So-would you in the future not let anyone come over who obviously has cold or who is sick? I know I am not going to be able to avoid it all together, since my kids are in school and my husband is a teacher-but I figure the less exposure I have the better.
The other day a friend called me and told me she was not coming over to a get together at our house because she had a bad cold-I really appreciated this (she is a nurse so she knows). Should I be sure and let everyone know that if they are sick-they shouldn't come over? I hate to do this, but I really think it would maybe help to cut down on the number of lung infections I get each year.
I think many of our friends/family just don't realize how bad it is if I get a cold.
Any opinions?? Thanks!

M

marcijo

Any opinions?? Thanks!

M

marcijo

Any opinions?? Thanks!

M

marcijo

<br />I am thinking about limiting the people who come over-basically saying that if you are to come to our house-you must not be sick.
<br />Over Thanksgiving, my sister in law brought over her 3 year old who was coughing like crazy all over the place. My stepsister also brought over her 3 year old who was coughing as well (although not quite as bad). Now-one week later-both of my kids come down with a BAD cold (one had croup) and I am sick once again and on meds.
<br />My lung function as of October was about 86% - so I am doing ok in that department. It does scare me being sick and on meds all winter though.
<br />So-would you in the future not let anyone come over who obviously has cold or who is sick? I know I am not going to be able to avoid it all together, since my kids are in school and my husband is a teacher-but I figure the less exposure I have the better.
<br />The other day a friend called me and told me she was not coming over to a get together at our house because she had a bad cold-I really appreciated this (she is a nurse so she knows). Should I be sure and let everyone know that if they are sick-they shouldn't come over? I hate to do this, but I really think it would maybe help to cut down on the number of lung infections I get each year.
<br />I think many of our friends/family just don't realize how bad it is if I get a cold.
<br />Any opinions?? Thanks!

Giggles

I never let anyone in my house who is sick or has been sick or has family members that are sick or have been sick. I am very strict. I also ask before I go to someone's house if they are sick or have been sick. I very strict and try to do the best I can.

Jennifer 36 years old with CF and CFRD

Giggles

I never let anyone in my house who is sick or has been sick or has family members that are sick or have been sick. I am very strict. I also ask before I go to someone's house if they are sick or have been sick. I very strict and try to do the best I can.

Giggles

Giggles

Giggles

<br />
<br />
<br />Jennifer 36 years old with CF and CFRD

soderick

I agree that limiting your exposure is always good. I try to limit the sickness in our house, but living with a kid who catches every bug that goes around the school isn't preventable. I just disinfect, drink lots of orange juice and take Emergen-C. How do you feel about wearing a mask in front of your company? I know it's annoying, and I rarely do it, but if you're very concerned, it's not a bad idea. I hate denying people access to my house just because they're sick.

soderick

I agree that limiting your exposure is always good. I try to limit the sickness in our house, but living with a kid who catches every bug that goes around the school isn't preventable. I just disinfect, drink lots of orange juice and take Emergen-C. How do you feel about wearing a mask in front of your company? I know it's annoying, and I rarely do it, but if you're very concerned, it's not a bad idea. I hate denying people access to my house just because they're sick.

soderick

soderick

soderick

JENNYLEE202020

i am the same way, i dont let people come around if their sick or if their kids are, my brother and sister have a hard time with it but their learning! =) some people think im crazy but they just dont understand,but their not the one's who are going to be admitted and getting stuck with needle's & what not! it kills me to see my son go through it, and as much as it hurts me i know it hurts him so much more, im horrible about germs and not letting people be around even if they are just coughing or a runny nose, i think its the smart thing to do! i totally agree with you, but like i said some people might think your over reacting but oh well!

JENNYLEE202020

i am the same way, i dont let people come around if their sick or if their kids are, my brother and sister have a hard time with it but their learning! =) some people think im crazy but they just dont understand,but their not the one's who are going to be admitted and getting stuck with needle's & what not! it kills me to see my son go through it, and as much as it hurts me i know it hurts him so much more, im horrible about germs and not letting people be around even if they are just coughing or a runny nose, i think its the smart thing to do! i totally agree with you, but like i said some people might think your over reacting but oh well!

JENNYLEE202020

JENNYLEE202020

JENNYLEE202020