How do you feel about people with colds coming to your house?

M

marcijo

Yep-like Tom said-every cold I get eventually turns into a lung infection for me. The increased mucus and inflamation causes the bacteria to grow and BAM! I'm sick. Happens every single time. I haven't gotten a cold in the last 10 years that hasn't turned into a lung infection-I guess its just the way my body works.

I have thought about a mask....but haven't worn one yet. I also like the idea of putting a sign on my door! Mid October through May are the worst months for me.

I would be so upset about the pneumonia thing with the friend! Pneumonia isn't good even if you don't have CF!

M

marcijo

Yep-like Tom said-every cold I get eventually turns into a lung infection for me. The increased mucus and inflamation causes the bacteria to grow and BAM! I'm sick. Happens every single time. I haven't gotten a cold in the last 10 years that hasn't turned into a lung infection-I guess its just the way my body works.

I have thought about a mask....but haven't worn one yet. I also like the idea of putting a sign on my door! Mid October through May are the worst months for me.

I would be so upset about the pneumonia thing with the friend! Pneumonia isn't good even if you don't have CF!

M

marcijo

M

marcijo

M

marcijo

<br />
<br />I have thought about a mask....but haven't worn one yet. I also like the idea of putting a sign on my door! Mid October through May are the worst months for me.
<br />
<br />I would be so upset about the pneumonia thing with the friend! Pneumonia isn't good even if you don't have CF!

laulau555

Sakem: there are two types of pneumonia according to my mother who is a nurse. one is viral and is contagious. the other is bacterial and can be treated with abx usually zithromax. if they are on abx that means it was the bacterial kind (most likely if their doctor was smart and tested for it) and it won't be contagious after 24 hours. if it is viral the abx won't do anything to not make it contagious.

also it is a myth that you can catch pneumonia from being in the cold. you can only get it through the virus or bacteria

laulau555

Sakem: there are two types of pneumonia according to my mother who is a nurse. one is viral and is contagious. the other is bacterial and can be treated with abx usually zithromax. if they are on abx that means it was the bacterial kind (most likely if their doctor was smart and tested for it) and it won't be contagious after 24 hours. if it is viral the abx won't do anything to not make it contagious.

also it is a myth that you can catch pneumonia from being in the cold. you can only get it through the virus or bacteria

laulau555

laulau555

laulau555

<br />
<br />also it is a myth that you can catch pneumonia from being in the cold. you can only get it through the virus or bacteria

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We had concerns last spring because an aunt by marriage had MRSA pneumonia. My inlaws wanted to go check out their new house and were told "she wasn't contagious even though she'd never be rid of it", but our doctor told us they needed to think long and hard if it was an important enough family event to risk it and they decided not to. They aren't exactly close, they just wanted to see their new home.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We had concerns last spring because an aunt by marriage had MRSA pneumonia. My inlaws wanted to go check out their new house and were told "she wasn't contagious even though she'd never be rid of it", but our doctor told us they needed to think long and hard if it was an important enough family event to risk it and they decided not to. They aren't exactly close, they just wanted to see their new home.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

65rosessamurai

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>just1more</b></i>

As for pneumonia, I would assume anyone that has it and decides they are not contagious and exposes my son is too dumb to breath and just eliminate them from the gene pool (just kidding).</end quote></div>

LOL! one method of getting a "Darwin Award", huh?!

I'm surrounded by those with colds everytime I go to work..on the train, at the workplace, and of course who knows what the heck the MIL brings home from her "nursing home"! 8)

However, My family never took "extreme" measures to prevent me from becoming sick.

65rosessamurai

As for pneumonia, I would assume anyone that has it and decides they are not contagious and exposes my son is too dumb to breath and just eliminate them from the gene pool (just kidding).</end quote></div>

I'm surrounded by those with colds everytime I go to work..on the train, at the workplace, and of course who knows what the heck the MIL brings home from her "nursing home"! 8)

However, My family never took "extreme" measures to prevent me from becoming sick.

65rosessamurai

65rosessamurai

As for pneumonia, I would assume anyone that has it and decides they are not contagious and exposes my son is too dumb to breath and just eliminate them from the gene pool (just kidding).</end quote>

65rosessamurai

<br />
<br />As for pneumonia, I would assume anyone that has it and decides they are not contagious and exposes my son is too dumb to breath and just eliminate them from the gene pool (just kidding).</end quote>
<br />
<br />LOL! one method of getting a "Darwin Award", huh?!
<br />
<br />I'm surrounded by those with colds everytime I go to work..on the train, at the workplace, and of course who knows what the heck the MIL brings home from her "nursing home"! 8)
<br />
<br />However, My family never took "extreme" measures to prevent me from becoming sick.