How do you feel about people with colds coming to your house?

Nightwriter

At this point, everyone I know knows that I won't go near anybody with a cold. So no sick people can come to my house either.

I won't even get on a grocery store line if I see the checker has a cold. If my boyfriend is sick, I don't go near him either. I will even wear a mask in the car if we have to drive together while he has a cold. He understands completely.

At work, if someone comes near me, I say, "Sorry, but I have a lung thing. Can't go near people with colds." And then I step back. The only time it's really difficult is when you go to a meeting with someone that you don't know, who is a higher up, who has a cold, and they go to shake your hand. I'm always horrified. I have no choice, but I just make sure I don't touch my face until I can wash my hand.

The other trick I use at parties is I carry a drink in one hand and food in the other, so I don't have to shake anybody's hand. Some research suggests that colds are transmitted mostly by touch.

And if I do get a scratchy throat, I use an anti-cold regimen, so that it never really comes out anyway. Colds used to be my source of exacerbations, but not any more.

Nightwriter

At this point, everyone I know knows that I won't go near anybody with a cold. So no sick people can come to my house either.

I won't even get on a grocery store line if I see the checker has a cold. If my boyfriend is sick, I don't go near him either. I will even wear a mask in the car if we have to drive together while he has a cold. He understands completely.

At work, if someone comes near me, I say, "Sorry, but I have a lung thing. Can't go near people with colds." And then I step back. The only time it's really difficult is when you go to a meeting with someone that you don't know, who is a higher up, who has a cold, and they go to shake your hand. I'm always horrified. I have no choice, but I just make sure I don't touch my face until I can wash my hand.

The other trick I use at parties is I carry a drink in one hand and food in the other, so I don't have to shake anybody's hand. Some research suggests that colds are transmitted mostly by touch.

And if I do get a scratchy throat, I use an anti-cold regimen, so that it never really comes out anyway. Colds used to be my source of exacerbations, but not any more.

Nightwriter

Nightwriter

Nightwriter

<br />
<br />I won't even get on a grocery store line if I see the checker has a cold. If my boyfriend is sick, I don't go near him either. I will even wear a mask in the car if we have to drive together while he has a cold. He understands completely.
<br />
<br />At work, if someone comes near me, I say, "Sorry, but I have a lung thing. Can't go near people with colds." And then I step back. The only time it's really difficult is when you go to a meeting with someone that you don't know, who is a higher up, who has a cold, and they go to shake your hand. I'm always horrified. I have no choice, but I just make sure I don't touch my face until I can wash my hand.
<br />
<br />The other trick I use at parties is I carry a drink in one hand and food in the other, so I don't have to shake anybody's hand. Some research suggests that colds are transmitted mostly by touch.
<br />
<br />And if I do get a scratchy throat, I use an anti-cold regimen, so that it never really comes out anyway. Colds used to be my source of exacerbations, but not any more.

Transplantmommy

I used to not care if someone was sick when they came over because I was sick all the time anyway. Now that I have had the transplants....if someone has even the slightest runny nose, they are not to step foot in my house. It is way too much of a risk for me now and I don't want to get sick with these new lungs....that would be horrible.

Transplantmommy

I used to not care if someone was sick when they came over because I was sick all the time anyway. Now that I have had the transplants....if someone has even the slightest runny nose, they are not to step foot in my house. It is way too much of a risk for me now and I don't want to get sick with these new lungs....that would be horrible.

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

M

moxie1

It is a good idea to avoid those with colds, but sometimes that is not possible.

I have gone to people's homes when they are sick and I have had people come into my house when they are sick. I just take certain measures. First and foremost, I try to keep my distance. When they leave, I wash my hands well.....20 seconds with warm soapy water, followed by hand sanitizer. Then I go irrigate my nose.

I don't seem to catch things if I do this.

M

moxie1

It is a good idea to avoid those with colds, but sometimes that is not possible.

I have gone to people's homes when they are sick and I have had people come into my house when they are sick. I just take certain measures. First and foremost, I try to keep my distance. When they leave, I wash my hands well.....20 seconds with warm soapy water, followed by hand sanitizer. Then I go irrigate my nose.

M

moxie1

M

moxie1

M

moxie1

<br />
<br />I have gone to people's homes when they are sick and I have had people come into my house when they are sick. I just take certain measures. First and foremost, I try to keep my distance. When they leave, I wash my hands well.....20 seconds with warm soapy water, followed by hand sanitizer. Then I go irrigate my nose.
<br />
<br />I don't seem to catch things if I do this.

JenDiS

I feel that if they are sick dont come to the house.

People that know my family knows that I have CF and what it is...Ill never forget in the beginning of this year there was a large spread of some kind of influenza that was really bad for people with respitory problems and my brothers gf at the time was for some reason sleeping over our house everynight (even though she lived up the street 2 mins away) and she caught that and brought it into the house...my brother (who never is sick in his life) caught it and had to be rushed to the emergency room cuz he had a 104 temp...

She stayed at our house until she felt better. IM THE ONE THAT HAD TO LEAVE MY OWN HOUSE and live with my aunt for the week because SHE didnt just go home and stay away knowing I had just gotten out of the hospital....why she stayed at our house i have no idea, there were no problems going on at her house nothing was wrong no snow nothing that would stop her from driving 2 mins up the street...

So people with colds if you got it dont come to my home.

JenDiS

People that know my family knows that I have CF and what it is...Ill never forget in the beginning of this year there was a large spread of some kind of influenza that was really bad for people with respitory problems and my brothers gf at the time was for some reason sleeping over our house everynight (even though she lived up the street 2 mins away) and she caught that and brought it into the house...my brother (who never is sick in his life) caught it and had to be rushed to the emergency room cuz he had a 104 temp...

She stayed at our house until she felt better. IM THE ONE THAT HAD TO LEAVE MY OWN HOUSE and live with my aunt for the week because SHE didnt just go home and stay away knowing I had just gotten out of the hospital....why she stayed at our house i have no idea, there were no problems going on at her house nothing was wrong no snow nothing that would stop her from driving 2 mins up the street...

JenDiS

JenDiS

JenDiS

<br />
<br />People that know my family knows that I have CF and what it is...Ill never forget in the beginning of this year there was a large spread of some kind of influenza that was really bad for people with respitory problems and my brothers gf at the time was for some reason sleeping over our house everynight (even though she lived up the street 2 mins away) and she caught that and brought it into the house...my brother (who never is sick in his life) caught it and had to be rushed to the emergency room cuz he had a 104 temp...
<br />
<br />She stayed at our house until she felt better. IM THE ONE THAT HAD TO LEAVE MY OWN HOUSE and live with my aunt for the week because SHE didnt just go home and stay away knowing I had just gotten out of the hospital....why she stayed at our house i have no idea, there were no problems going on at her house nothing was wrong no snow nothing that would stop her from driving 2 mins up the street...
<br />
<br />So people with colds if you got it dont come to my home.