How do you keep your hope alive?

lflatford

By knowing where CF was and where it is going. Avery so far has been blessed in her health, so we are grateful for that. But as far as keeping hope, we have never said "why us", we looked at it like we always do with the attitude you play the hand your dealt and find a way to win. My wife and I, didn' bring Avery into this world for us to bury her, and that at the end of the day is what drives us. She will bury us a long, long, long time from now.

Chuck

lflatford

By knowing where CF was and where it is going. Avery so far has been blessed in her health, so we are grateful for that. But as far as keeping hope, we have never said "why us", we looked at it like we always do with the attitude you play the hand your dealt and find a way to win. My wife and I, didn' bring Avery into this world for us to bury her, and that at the end of the day is what drives us. She will bury us a long, long, long time from now.

Chuck

lflatford

Chuck

lflatford

Chuck

lflatford

<br />
<br />Chuck

ConnorsMom

maybe I'm abnormal, but I can honestlly say that since recovering from the initial diagnosis, I don't think twice about Connor's life span. I know we all die, most of us have no idea when or how or where. I accept that I don't have control over that, and just live each day one at a time. We've never treated Connor any differently than his sister- as in thinking we won't have him as long as we'll have her- because we just don't know. We manage each and every symptom that occurs and go from there. We participate in fundraising, and hope there'll be a cure in Connor's life time, but really don't focus on that. We work hard to teach him how to take care of himself so he can live a long happy life- just like we teach his sister who doesn't have CF. We decided early on that we wouldn't let CF be the identifying factor of Connor. He has CF, it doesn't define who he is. We don't avoid the subject- he knows the median age of people with CF, but he also know that there are exceptions to every rule, and why not aim to be one of those who live well past 60?
When he was first diagnosed I was hurt and angry because I felt (and still feel) that the love that created him couldn't be more pure. I was upset that he might not be able to have children of his own. That's what I cried for, but I got over it, and haven't looked back. Always look forward, only glance back to be sure you've learned from the past experiences.

ConnorsMom

maybe I'm abnormal, but I can honestlly say that since recovering from the initial diagnosis, I don't think twice about Connor's life span. I know we all die, most of us have no idea when or how or where. I accept that I don't have control over that, and just live each day one at a time. We've never treated Connor any differently than his sister- as in thinking we won't have him as long as we'll have her- because we just don't know. We manage each and every symptom that occurs and go from there. We participate in fundraising, and hope there'll be a cure in Connor's life time, but really don't focus on that. We work hard to teach him how to take care of himself so he can live a long happy life- just like we teach his sister who doesn't have CF. We decided early on that we wouldn't let CF be the identifying factor of Connor. He has CF, it doesn't define who he is. We don't avoid the subject- he knows the median age of people with CF, but he also know that there are exceptions to every rule, and why not aim to be one of those who live well past 60?
When he was first diagnosed I was hurt and angry because I felt (and still feel) that the love that created him couldn't be more pure. I was upset that he might not be able to have children of his own. That's what I cried for, but I got over it, and haven't looked back. Always look forward, only glance back to be sure you've learned from the past experiences.

ConnorsMom

ConnorsMom

ConnorsMom

<br />When he was first diagnosed I was hurt and angry because I felt (and still feel) that the love that created him couldn't be more pure. I was upset that he might not be able to have children of his own. That's what I cried for, but I got over it, and haven't looked back. Always look forward, only glance back to be sure you've learned from the past experiences.

vmhoward

I will be honest here, sometimes it is hard to keep hope alive. And sometimes especially in the past few months I have been frustrated and depressed. But through the frustration and anger I find hope through prayer. I push forward and watch my son with his everlasting smile, and realise that its not up to me. No matter how sick he gets (and he has been pretty sick lately) he is always smiling and happy. And that gives me hope.

vmhoward

I will be honest here, sometimes it is hard to keep hope alive. And sometimes especially in the past few months I have been frustrated and depressed. But through the frustration and anger I find hope through prayer. I push forward and watch my son with his everlasting smile, and realise that its not up to me. No matter how sick he gets (and he has been pretty sick lately) he is always smiling and happy. And that gives me hope.

vmhoward

vmhoward

vmhoward

<br />
<br />

i have alot of hope but somtimes i think why does this have to happen to me and my baby girl, but then again i wouldnt wish this upon anyone else. dealing with a loved one that has cf just makes us stronger. some days my daughter is great and then some days she isnt doing so well but no matter wat she is always happy and thats wat keeps my hope up.
-babynataliesmommy
-helena

i have alot of hope but somtimes i think why does this have to happen to me and my baby girl, but then again i wouldnt wish this upon anyone else. dealing with a loved one that has cf just makes us stronger. some days my daughter is great and then some days she isnt doing so well but no matter wat she is always happy and thats wat keeps my hope up.
-babynataliesmommy
-helena

-babynataliesmommy
-helena

-babynataliesmommy
-helena

<br />-babynataliesmommy
<br />-helena