How hard is it to get to see the CF doctor in NC

Tammy15

My son moved to charlotte nc in Jan. He did qualify for state assistance and they did tell him he would need to see a regular doctor then get a referral for a CF doctor. OK first visit the regular doctor did a full work up blood etc, said he had some lung inflammation and put him on anntibiotics. My son goes back today the doctor is going to refer to a pulmo doctor so my son asks about getting referral to CF center UNC I believe and Albany Med already sent his records to UNC. Anmyway this general doctor says the pulmo will do a referrral if he needs one. So now another 6=8 weeks will go by before he sees this pulmo doctor. Is there a way anyone knows on how to actaully get a referral to CF center? So I of course am a wreck he is 29 we lost his 25 yr old sister in June while he is doing well and I am sure I am probably over reacting it jut frustrating to me that he still has not been able to see CF doctor yet

Tammy15

My son moved to charlotte nc in Jan. He did qualify for state assistance and they did tell him he would need to see a regular doctor then get a referral for a CF doctor. OK first visit the regular doctor did a full work up blood etc, said he had some lung inflammation and put him on anntibiotics. My son goes back today the doctor is going to refer to a pulmo doctor so my son asks about getting referral to CF center UNC I believe and Albany Med already sent his records to UNC. Anmyway this general doctor says the pulmo will do a referrral if he needs one. So now another 6=8 weeks will go by before he sees this pulmo doctor. Is there a way anyone knows on how to actaully get a referral to CF center? So I of course am a wreck he is 29 we lost his 25 yr old sister in June while he is doing well and I am sure I am probably over reacting it jut frustrating to me that he still has not been able to see CF doctor yet

Tammy15

colinmaydahl

I would give the clinic a call. UNC has a great CF program, I did a 2 week study drug there last year. When I was a kid my insurance covered 2 CF Clinic visits and the rest of the time I went to the pulmo doc.

Good luck

Colin 28m/CF

colinmaydahl

I would give the clinic a call. UNC has a great CF program, I did a 2 week study drug there last year. When I was a kid my insurance covered 2 CF Clinic visits and the rest of the time I went to the pulmo doc.

Good luck

Colin 28m/CF

colinmaydahl

<br />
<br />Good luck
<br />
<br />Colin 28m/CF

JennifersHope

I would call the CF center there as well, The nurse Kathy was so great, I had my nasal PD test done there. Explain the situation. I believe there clinic day is on Thursday so they may take a day or so to get back to you.... They were wonderful .. You are right in pursuing things

JennifersHope

I would call the CF center there as well, The nurse Kathy was so great, I had my nasal PD test done there. Explain the situation. I believe there clinic day is on Thursday so they may take a day or so to get back to you.... They were wonderful .. You are right in pursuing things

JennifersHope

T

TonyaH

UNC UNC UNC!!! My son is followed by their peds team. They are a great group. I agree with everyone. Give them a call and see if they can get involved.

T

TonyaH

UNC UNC UNC!!! My son is followed by their peds team. They are a great group. I agree with everyone. Give them a call and see if they can get involved.

T

TonyaH

Giggles

When I was researching CF centers in NC. Charlotte said they have a clinic for kids but not for adults. All adults travel to UNC. So keep that in mind, I suppose. But UNC is one of the best in the country!

Giggles

When I was researching CF centers in NC. Charlotte said they have a clinic for kids but not for adults. All adults travel to UNC. So keep that in mind, I suppose. But UNC is one of the best in the country!

Giggles

Printer

The FIRST thing that your son should do is to GET A NEW PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN. This Doctor is a roadblock.

Printer

The FIRST thing that your son should do is to GET A NEW PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN. This Doctor is a roadblock.

Printer

Tammy15

thanks everyone I told my son to call CF center its not the one at UNC he wants to go to I guess there is another one. I also told him to contact CF center here to that he went to to see if they could help.
Hopefully he will get in to see CF docor soon he was at 50% lung capacity when he moved in Jan so pretty much I have been worried.

Tammy15

thanks everyone I told my son to call CF center its not the one at UNC he wants to go to I guess there is another one. I also told him to contact CF center here to that he went to to see if they could help.
Hopefully he will get in to see CF docor soon he was at 50% lung capacity when he moved in Jan so pretty much I have been worried.