How many enzymes do you take

petnurse

I am just curious. My 8 month old takes 1 enzyme (the lowest dose) before meals. His stools have never been abnormal, except for being stinky. I hear a lot of babies that take multiple pills. I just thought I would ask around. I know he doesn't need more. I just wanted to see what others take.

petnurse

I am just curious. My 8 month old takes 1 enzyme (the lowest dose) before meals. His stools have never been abnormal, except for being stinky. I hear a lot of babies that take multiple pills. I just thought I would ask around. I know he doesn't need more. I just wanted to see what others take.

petnurse

petnurse

petnurse

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
When DS was that age he was taking 3-3 1/2 pancrease MT-4s with a bottle. Bottles of formula with extra calories -- more powder to water ratio. And looking back, he may have needed more. His stools were okay but really smelly and not really hard. They weren't loose, kinda soft...

When he was 6 months old he started eating regular table food (ground up), baby food with oil, salt, butter and/or cream added to it. But continued with formula until he was 18 months at home because he was such a finicky eater for the extra calories At daycare he got whole milk once he turned 1.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
When DS was that age he was taking 3-3 1/2 pancrease MT-4s with a bottle. Bottles of formula with extra calories -- more powder to water ratio. And looking back, he may have needed more. His stools were okay but really smelly and not really hard. They weren't loose, kinda soft...

When he was 6 months old he started eating regular table food (ground up), baby food with oil, salt, butter and/or cream added to it. But continued with formula until he was 18 months at home because he was such a finicky eater for the extra calories At daycare he got whole milk once he turned 1.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />When he was 6 months old he started eating regular table food (ground up), baby food with oil, salt, butter and/or cream added to it. But continued with formula until he was 18 months at home because he was such a finicky eater for the extra calories At daycare he got whole milk once he turned 1.

A

Andrea

Ben jamin started out at 2 creon 5 at two weeks old, quickly went to 3 creon 5 at about 3 months old and has been on 4 creon 5 since about 12 months. He sometimes does 4 1/2 creon 5 if he has a real big meal. He has always had stools issues though. The first couple of months that he was born I would go through just about a pack of diapers a day. Now he is almost 2 and he probably has a BM about 3 times a day.

A

Andrea

Ben jamin started out at 2 creon 5 at two weeks old, quickly went to 3 creon 5 at about 3 months old and has been on 4 creon 5 since about 12 months. He sometimes does 4 1/2 creon 5 if he has a real big meal. He has always had stools issues though. The first couple of months that he was born I would go through just about a pack of diapers a day. Now he is almost 2 and he probably has a BM about 3 times a day.

A

Andrea

A

Andrea

A

Andrea

redheadedmommy

my daughter is a month old and takes 1/2 an enzyme before she eats, which really adds up to prolly 5 enzymes a day.. she had belly problems from the start. but i pushed it on the breastfeeding , they said that the diaper shouldnt absorb the poop and that bright and shiny wasnt good. the enzymes help but were still going like 7 bms a day

redheadedmommy

my daughter is a month old and takes 1/2 an enzyme before she eats, which really adds up to prolly 5 enzymes a day.. she had belly problems from the start. but i pushed it on the breastfeeding , they said that the diaper shouldnt absorb the poop and that bright and shiny wasnt good. the enzymes help but were still going like 7 bms a day

redheadedmommy

redheadedmommy

redheadedmommy