How many times has your child been in the hospital?

MargaritaChic

Emma is still very young and doing well. But I know that CF is progressive. I am curious how many times your children have been in the hospital. Surgeries, tune-ups, etc. What procedures have they had done? Also, what exactly is a tune-up?

I know all people with CF are different... so what one child has does not mean my child will have it also. I am just looking to get a picture of the things that do happen and what it means for each of your children.

My personality is that I want to know what the possibilities are so that I am not blindsided if/when they happen.

So far Emma has not had any hospitalizations.

MargaritaChic

Emma is still very young and doing well. But I know that CF is progressive. I am curious how many times your children have been in the hospital. Surgeries, tune-ups, etc. What procedures have they had done? Also, what exactly is a tune-up?

I know all people with CF are different... so what one child has does not mean my child will have it also. I am just looking to get a picture of the things that do happen and what it means for each of your children.

My personality is that I want to know what the possibilities are so that I am not blindsided if/when they happen.

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

<br />
<br />I know all people with CF are different... so what one child has does not mean my child will have it also. I am just looking to get a picture of the things that do happen and what it means for each of your children.
<br />
<br />My personality is that I want to know what the possibilities are so that I am not blindsided if/when they happen.
<br />
<br />So far Emma has not had any hospitalizations.
<br />

angelsmom

I noticed there were a lot of views to your post but no replies, which surprises me!

My daughter was not diagnosed until 18 months old. She has never been hospitalized. She has only gone in for her routine clinic appointments. Around age 2 1/2, she was having some bowel issues, or so we thought, and we had a lower GI done, which showed no problems. That is probably the most traumatic thing she has had thus far, aside from the throat cultures that she hates!

She has been doing really well and I honestly don't see a hospitalization in our near future, but things can change quickly, I know.

angelsmom

I noticed there were a lot of views to your post but no replies, which surprises me!

My daughter was not diagnosed until 18 months old. She has never been hospitalized. She has only gone in for her routine clinic appointments. Around age 2 1/2, she was having some bowel issues, or so we thought, and we had a lower GI done, which showed no problems. That is probably the most traumatic thing she has had thus far, aside from the throat cultures that she hates!

She has been doing really well and I honestly don't see a hospitalization in our near future, but things can change quickly, I know.

angelsmom

angelsmom

angelsmom

<br />
<br />My daughter was not diagnosed until 18 months old. She has never been hospitalized. She has only gone in for her routine clinic appointments. Around age 2 1/2, she was having some bowel issues, or so we thought, and we had a lower GI done, which showed no problems. That is probably the most traumatic thing she has had thus far, aside from the throat cultures that she hates!
<br />
<br />She has been doing really well and I honestly don't see a hospitalization in our near future, but things can change quickly, I know.
<br />
<br />

grammakaky

My granddaugher was born on April 19, 2008, and she was just in the hospital for 5 days from a cold she picked up. Her tests came back negative for virus, which we were thrilled. They seemed to have to adjust her nub treatment and antibotics, as soon as they did that, she greatly improved. They also called it a tune-up. So now they will know what works for her. Hopefully this will be the last for awhile.

proud gramma to Julia, 2 months with cf mutation DD f508

grammakaky

My granddaugher was born on April 19, 2008, and she was just in the hospital for 5 days from a cold she picked up. Her tests came back negative for virus, which we were thrilled. They seemed to have to adjust her nub treatment and antibotics, as soon as they did that, she greatly improved. They also called it a tune-up. So now they will know what works for her. Hopefully this will be the last for awhile.

grammakaky

grammakaky

grammakaky

<br />
<br />
<br />proud gramma to Julia, 2 months with cf mutation DD f508

allie5

My daughter, Allie, is 6 and has never been admitted to the hospital. She has had two bronchoscopies but they were outpatient and only related to a study she was participating in. Those are considered surgeries but they weren't too bad and we left about an hour after they were over.

allie5

My daughter, Allie, is 6 and has never been admitted to the hospital. She has had two bronchoscopies but they were outpatient and only related to a study she was participating in. Those are considered surgeries but they weren't too bad and we left about an hour after they were over.

allie5

allie5

allie5