how much do you weigh and how tall are you

cfgirl2008

In case ya'll were wondering how tall I am or how much I weigh.
5 feet 2 inches about 95-98 pounds rite now.

Tiffany 15 w/cf

anonymous

okay teens, I go to your websites because I have a son that just turned 6 years old he was diagnosed w/ cf at 18 months, in which he was sick the entire 18 months. They tested him for cf when they could not test him for anything else. they were shocked because of such good weight!! He is now like I said 6 and weighs in at 91lbs. He eats like a horse is not on enzymes, (please do not get me wrong he stays sick) his biggest problem is constipation, blockages. We have to constantly stay on top of the problem. Its strange, I know his body is not breaking the food down but yet his weight is good. I listen to you teens because I get better knowledge. Is any body out there have this problem???? It worry's me because mostly cf causes loose not hard. Any imput were be greatly appreciated.

kybert

constipation is pretty common in cf. a few people on here have problems with it too, including me. i find i have to stay on top of it too otherwise if i slack off on something it will get out of control. i try to eat extra fibre [insoluble is the best for constipation], drink more water and someone on this board put me onto prune juice. i take a glass of this at night. if things get out of control i go onto lactulose and i add more things in if that doesnt do the job. if everything fails, i take golytely. it rarely comes to that [thank god!] if i stick to the fibre, water and prune juice routine.

anonymous

kylie,

thank you for your imput, do you think it is abnormal for my 6 yr old son to weigh 91 lbs? I mean do you know others that are over weight?

anonymous

See exactly, I do not know whats happening with my son, I am afraid this is too good to be true, I guess I feel like he is the only overweight cf child there is. It is just weird good but scary if ya know what i mean.

kybert

i have no idea what kids are suppose to weigh but as long as it isnt impacting on his health or social life then there shouldnt be a problem. there are plenty of cf patients who dont have the typical stick thin figures.

anonymous

I am not a teen, but I am 5'4" and now weigh 130lbs. (Just lost 10lbs over the last 3 weeks as I was on IV antibiotics). Either way, it is the most I've ever weighed in my life. (I was just dx'd this year and on average weighed about 105). My clinic encourage me to get up to at least 120, put me on enzymes and a high fat/calorie diet, and said "it would be nice to have you gain 10-20 lbs on top of the 120 for the times when you are sick. I'm sure being treated for the right things has helped with my weight gain, but I also wonder how much of a factor age is.

Amy
36 w/CF

anonymous

I am 16 and i am 5'9 and weigh 128 pounds with CF.

My brother is 18 he is 6'1 and weighs 135 pounds with CF.

Jonathan

aneta

Hi i have 2 children w/cf my son is 14 he will be 15 in 10 days and is5`9``and about 190 lbs and my daugter is 13 4`9`` and finaly 90 lbs.

Seana30

<FONT color=#008000 size=4><STRONG><EM>Courtney is 13 years old5 feet 1 inchweighs 76 pounds</EM></STRONG></FONT>

anonymous

I do think 91 lbs for a 6 year old seems high. Have you discussed it with his dr? My 7 yr old ds only weighs 44# and my 5-1/2 yr dd weighs 43#.

cfmom2rt

REECE WEIGHS 30LBS & IS 38IN HE'S BEEN THIS WEIGHT FOR ABOUT A YEAR, HE'S 3 YRS OLD WHEN HE WAS BORN HE WEIGHED 9LS 6OZ!!!
LEAH~MOMMY TO REECE W/CF