How much have you raised???

angelsmom

This is our second year and we have raised $1600 with a bit more to come this week. I think we'll be around $2000. Our walk is May 6.

We had over $3000 last year, so I'm a little disappointed we haven't raised more this year. It's been a lot harder to get donations this year for some reason.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cff.org/great_strides/SandraEngebretsen4798
">http://www.cff.org/great_strides/SandraEngebretsen4798
</a>

angelsmom

This is our second year and we have raised $1600 with a bit more to come this week. I think we'll be around $2000. Our walk is May 6.

We had over $3000 last year, so I'm a little disappointed we haven't raised more this year. It's been a lot harder to get donations this year for some reason.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cff.org/great_strides/SandraEngebretsen4798
</a>

angelsmom

</a>

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Where I live there's a state group called the CF Association, which raises money to "help families" -- I looked up their financial statement on the Secretary of State's website -- methinks most of the money goes to pay the head honcho's salary. And a local family told me half of the money raised at one of their big events goes to the Knights of Columbus. Anyway, most of the older CF families seem to support them while those of us with small children prefer to raise money for CFF, which goes for research.

I HATE asking people for money, so when people ask me for donations, I realize how hard it is for them to ask in the first place and I almost always donate. What really irks me is coworkers who are always asking me to buy raffle tickets, cookie dough, popcorn, wrapping paper or junk from their kids and then they never reciprocate. So I start keeping a list and hit them up for a donation and when they don't, the next time they come by I tell them flat out no, you didn't sponsor me so...

BTW, since I posted this morning -- DH's cousin's wife, who just joined our team on Friday has raised $70 more dollars. Yea! Was also checking some of the other teams/walkers participating in the walk on Saturday -- online funds raised by the other teams are up to about $12,000 -- last year think our walk raised about $25,000 -- will be interesting to see how we fare this year. With newborn screening in our state now, it seems like the newest teams do their best the first time around and are the biggest fundraisers.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Where I live there's a state group called the CF Association, which raises money to "help families" -- I looked up their financial statement on the Secretary of State's website -- methinks most of the money goes to pay the head honcho's salary. And a local family told me half of the money raised at one of their big events goes to the Knights of Columbus. Anyway, most of the older CF families seem to support them while those of us with small children prefer to raise money for CFF, which goes for research.

I HATE asking people for money, so when people ask me for donations, I realize how hard it is for them to ask in the first place and I almost always donate. What really irks me is coworkers who are always asking me to buy raffle tickets, cookie dough, popcorn, wrapping paper or junk from their kids and then they never reciprocate. So I start keeping a list and hit them up for a donation and when they don't, the next time they come by I tell them flat out no, you didn't sponsor me so...

BTW, since I posted this morning -- DH's cousin's wife, who just joined our team on Friday has raised $70 more dollars. Yea! Was also checking some of the other teams/walkers participating in the walk on Saturday -- online funds raised by the other teams are up to about $12,000 -- last year think our walk raised about $25,000 -- will be interesting to see how we fare this year. With newborn screening in our state now, it seems like the newest teams do their best the first time around and are the biggest fundraisers.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

P

PeteRose

I love this post. This is the first year that my family and friends are joining me. So far I have about 35 walkers with a few more to sign up. Our walk is not until mid June and we are already at about $3500. Even my 87 year old Mom is going to walk. How cool is she?

Rosie 45 w/cf

P

PeteRose

I love this post. This is the first year that my family and friends are joining me. So far I have about 35 walkers with a few more to sign up. Our walk is not until mid June and we are already at about $3500. Even my 87 year old Mom is going to walk. How cool is she?

Rosie 45 w/cf

P

PeteRose

Rosie 45 w/cf

bluebelle

$3000 here...: )

in addition to allocating through United Way...those with military and civil service ties should ask everyone to choose CFF as their charity during the Combined Federal Campaign....

bluebelle

in addition to allocating through United Way...those with military and civil service ties should ask everyone to choose CFF as their charity during the Combined Federal Campaign....

bluebelle

mom2lillian

I was our United Way Rep for the section of a company I wokr for. Per United way and my company you can write in the palce you wnat your united way dollars going and they have to send it there. We have a blank line on our form but if your work doesnt have a blank line write it in and call around to the UW and your company rep. For our company the money we donate goes where we want and then the match that the company goes UW gets no matter what. We get alot incentives to donate through UW so it is a good way for me to give a % of each weeks check to CFF and still get the good perks (3 vacation days!)

mom2lillian

I was our United Way Rep for the section of a company I wokr for. Per United way and my company you can write in the palce you wnat your united way dollars going and they have to send it there. We have a blank line on our form but if your work doesnt have a blank line write it in and call around to the UW and your company rep. For our company the money we donate goes where we want and then the match that the company goes UW gets no matter what. We get alot incentives to donate through UW so it is a good way for me to give a % of each weeks check to CFF and still get the good perks (3 vacation days!)

mom2lillian

Darinsmom

We had our walk in Lancaster,PA on Sat. and raised over $27,000 and as a team Darin's Dreams we raised $3100.00! Great work everyone!!

Laurie

Darinsmom

We had our walk in Lancaster,PA on Sat. and raised over $27,000 and as a team Darin's Dreams we raised $3100.00! Great work everyone!!

Laurie

Darinsmom

Laurie

P

PeteRose

Laurie,

That is AWESOME! Thank You for your hard work! Congratulations on your success.

Rosie 45w/cf