How often do you go on iv's?

Diane

I am just full of questions these days. I was on iv's Last Oct to early November. Which is only 3 months ago. I am starting to feel crappy, sore throat, low grade fevers ( with cepacia this happens sometimes even when i am well), getting short of breath easier, and i am giving myself till Monday as my deadline to call the Dr. and request iv's. Before cepacia i never had iv's ( had cepacia 11 years now). Then i went on them every 1 - 2 years. These past few years i have been on them more often every 6-8 months or less. I <b>HATE </b>this with a passion because it just scares me that my time for iv's seem to be coming closer and closer. One thing that bothers me about my last 2 rounds with iv's is my Dr, who i've only had about 2 years always wants to put me on the same exact ones. My last Dr. used to use different combos each time. I told her with the last iv.... what she was prescribing wasnt going to do much and sure enough it didnt pack the punch it should have. I am resistant to pretty much all antibiotics so why stick to the same ol ones each time. For gooodness sake, mix and match dammit and find a combo that works, throw the bacteria in my lungs for a loop....Please !!!!!!!!!!!! If i am still feeling crappy on Monday i will call the Dr. and tell her i want a <b>GOOD combo </b>this time not the same ol' song and dance................

<i><b>Sooooooo How often do you go on iv's?</b></i>

Diane

I am just full of questions these days. I was on iv's Last Oct to early November. Which is only 3 months ago. I am starting to feel crappy, sore throat, low grade fevers ( with cepacia this happens sometimes even when i am well), getting short of breath easier, and i am giving myself till Monday as my deadline to call the Dr. and request iv's. Before cepacia i never had iv's ( had cepacia 11 years now). Then i went on them every 1 - 2 years. These past few years i have been on them more often every 6-8 months or less. I <b>HATE </b>this with a passion because it just scares me that my time for iv's seem to be coming closer and closer. One thing that bothers me about my last 2 rounds with iv's is my Dr, who i've only had about 2 years always wants to put me on the same exact ones. My last Dr. used to use different combos each time. I told her with the last iv.... what she was prescribing wasnt going to do much and sure enough it didnt pack the punch it should have. I am resistant to pretty much all antibiotics so why stick to the same ol ones each time. For gooodness sake, mix and match dammit and find a combo that works, throw the bacteria in my lungs for a loop....Please !!!!!!!!!!!! If i am still feeling crappy on Monday i will call the Dr. and tell her i want a <b>GOOD combo </b>this time not the same ol' song and dance................

Diane

Diane

Diane

Emily65Roses

Before I started using HTS and Colistin month on/month off... it was twice a year. Since I started those, it's about once a year.

Emily65Roses

Before I started using HTS and Colistin month on/month off... it was twice a year. Since I started those, it's about once a year.

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

JustDucky

Sadly Diane, I have similar problems especially with that damned cepacia. My strain is pretty resistant too, the oral ones that are supposed to work I can't take because of severe allergies so IV's only it is. To get the right combo is a pain...Lately, I have been on IV's about every 3 months or so. Worse, I have to do them in the hospital due to insurance woes. My last stint on IV's lasted 3 weeks, but there were times I was on them 10+ weeks straight to get those colonies down. My doc has actually sent for synergy testing to see what combos would do the best for me...I don't know what the results were, but hopefully next time around, that cepacia gets a good blasting!
I hope that you feel better soon and if you have to do the IV's again, that a good combo is found for you.
Keeping you in my thoughts, Jenn

JustDucky

Sadly Diane, I have similar problems especially with that damned cepacia. My strain is pretty resistant too, the oral ones that are supposed to work I can't take because of severe allergies so IV's only it is. To get the right combo is a pain...Lately, I have been on IV's about every 3 months or so. Worse, I have to do them in the hospital due to insurance woes. My last stint on IV's lasted 3 weeks, but there were times I was on them 10+ weeks straight to get those colonies down. My doc has actually sent for synergy testing to see what combos would do the best for me...I don't know what the results were, but hopefully next time around, that cepacia gets a good blasting!
I hope that you feel better soon and if you have to do the IV's again, that a good combo is found for you.

JustDucky

JustDucky

JustDucky

jesta36

im on ivs just bout every 3-4 months it seems like...have had 3 embolizations in the past 4 yrs. just had another one on 2-11-08. and im still on ivs till next weds

jesta36

im on ivs just bout every 3-4 months it seems like...have had 3 embolizations in the past 4 yrs. just had another one on 2-11-08. and im still on ivs till next weds

jesta36

jesta36

jesta36