How often do you go on iv's?

Skye

I have only been on IV's 3x. The last round has come about 6 months apart. This is just my 2 cents, but I think being on IVs and on top of things is not neceassarily a bad thing or an indication of bad things. A lot of people use the Danish method and go on every 3 months regardless. I discussed doing that with my doc and we decided that is not a great plan. When I went for my second opinion, what I did decide is earlier is better. What I mean by that is, my doc here in town waits for my PFT's to drop a bit before starting IV's. In the future, he has agreed to let me tell him when I think I need them instead of waiting for the numbers to tell him. We all usually know when it is time for that tune-up and I think it is great to do before your numbers start telling you to get one. Hope all that made sense!

Skye

I have only been on IV's 3x. The last round has come about 6 months apart. This is just my 2 cents, but I think being on IVs and on top of things is not neceassarily a bad thing or an indication of bad things. A lot of people use the Danish method and go on every 3 months regardless. I discussed doing that with my doc and we decided that is not a great plan. When I went for my second opinion, what I did decide is earlier is better. What I mean by that is, my doc here in town waits for my PFT's to drop a bit before starting IV's. In the future, he has agreed to let me tell him when I think I need them instead of waiting for the numbers to tell him. We all usually know when it is time for that tune-up and I think it is great to do before your numbers start telling you to get one. Hope all that made sense!

Skye

Skye

Skye

barbc888

My time for IV's is getting closer and closer as I get older. I now need to do them once a year (used to be every other year). In fact, I'll probably need to do them next month, and I'm dreading it. Hope you feel better, Diane.

barbc888

My time for IV's is getting closer and closer as I get older. I now need to do them once a year (used to be every other year). In fact, I'll probably need to do them next month, and I'm dreading it. Hope you feel better, Diane.

barbc888

barbc888

barbc888

kclynn87

I'm on IVs about 3-4 times a year. I'm usually on them for 30 days. Sometimes more/longer if the bugs aren't responding to the abx I can tolerate, since I am allergic to nearly all.

Good luck & God bless.

kclynn87

I'm on IVs about 3-4 times a year. I'm usually on them for 30 days. Sometimes more/longer if the bugs aren't responding to the abx I can tolerate, since I am allergic to nearly all.

Good luck & God bless.

kclynn87

Good luck & God bless.

kclynn87

Good luck & God bless.

kclynn87

Good luck & God bless.