How old was your child when they got the Vest?

shimmereestar

Our CF nurse told us that respirtech had a incourage vest for chest sizes as small as 16 inches. It is for babies 6 months or older. We ask about it at each appt. The doc wants to wait until she's a bit heavier but I did talk to a respirtech rep. and there is one that small.

shimmereestar

Our CF nurse told us that respirtech had a incourage vest for chest sizes as small as 16 inches. It is for babies 6 months or older. We ask about it at each appt. The doc wants to wait until she's a bit heavier but I did talk to a respirtech rep. and there is one that small.

shimmereestar

shimmereestar

shimmereestar

MargaritaChic

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>RiverRat</b></i>

My son got his vest at <b>6 weeks old</b>. He is 12.5 weeks old now and I thank God everyday for his vest. Before we got his vest his therpy took way more than 20 minutes because he was squirmy and by the end he was in a bad mood. My husband and I were really worried about how good of a job we were doing. Now that we have the infant vest we are so thankful. My son loves his vest, I normally read to him during his treatments, however he has been known to fall asleep during them. He still has his days being cranky but nothing like before. If you have any other questions about it feel free to ask but you should know they are out there.</end quote></div>

This is the post I saw where the baby is 6 weeks old.

Here is a <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.cysticfibrosis.com/messageview.cfm?catid=902&threadid=34360&enterthread=y">Link to the thread.</a>

MargaritaChic

My son got his vest at <b>6 weeks old</b>. He is 12.5 weeks old now and I thank God everyday for his vest. Before we got his vest his therpy took way more than 20 minutes because he was squirmy and by the end he was in a bad mood. My husband and I were really worried about how good of a job we were doing. Now that we have the infant vest we are so thankful. My son loves his vest, I normally read to him during his treatments, however he has been known to fall asleep during them. He still has his days being cranky but nothing like before. If you have any other questions about it feel free to ask but you should know they are out there.</end quote></div>

Here is a <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.cysticfibrosis.com/messageview.cfm?catid=902&threadid=34360&enterthread=y">Link to the thread.</a>

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

My son got his vest at <b>6 weeks old</b>. He is 12.5 weeks old now and I thank God everyday for his vest. Before we got his vest his therpy took way more than 20 minutes because he was squirmy and by the end he was in a bad mood. My husband and I were really worried about how good of a job we were doing. Now that we have the infant vest we are so thankful. My son loves his vest, I normally read to him during his treatments, however he has been known to fall asleep during them. He still has his days being cranky but nothing like before. If you have any other questions about it feel free to ask but you should know they are out there.</end quote>

MargaritaChic

<br />
<br />My son got his vest at <b>6 weeks old</b>. He is 12.5 weeks old now and I thank God everyday for his vest. Before we got his vest his therpy took way more than 20 minutes because he was squirmy and by the end he was in a bad mood. My husband and I were really worried about how good of a job we were doing. Now that we have the infant vest we are so thankful. My son loves his vest, I normally read to him during his treatments, however he has been known to fall asleep during them. He still has his days being cranky but nothing like before. If you have any other questions about it feel free to ask but you should know they are out there.</end quote>
<br />
<br />This is the post I saw where the baby is 6 weeks old.
<br />
<br />
<br />Here is a <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.cysticfibrosis.com/messageview.cfm?catid=902&threadid=34360&enterthread=y">Link to the thread.</a>
<br />

TestifyToLove

Um, Marla, something is rotten in the state of Denmark. Anything is possible, but I think when your instincts tell you something, its generally a good idea to trust them.

M got his vest at 6, when he came home. Our clinic said they can start babies at 6 months. But, M's old clinic never even offered him a vest. I have a lot of speculation on why he was never offered a vest before, but it would only be speculation. The important thing is that he has his vest now, and he happily tolerates using it twice a day. He will scream and tantru about the nebs. But, he still thinks its cool to talk and sing while hooked up to the vest to hear and feel the vibrations--which only helps clear him even better!

TestifyToLove

Um, Marla, something is rotten in the state of Denmark. Anything is possible, but I think when your instincts tell you something, its generally a good idea to trust them.

M got his vest at 6, when he came home. Our clinic said they can start babies at 6 months. But, M's old clinic never even offered him a vest. I have a lot of speculation on why he was never offered a vest before, but it would only be speculation. The important thing is that he has his vest now, and he happily tolerates using it twice a day. He will scream and tantru about the nebs. But, he still thinks its cool to talk and sing while hooked up to the vest to hear and feel the vibrations--which only helps clear him even better!

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove

<br />
<br />M got his vest at 6, when he came home. Our clinic said they can start babies at 6 months. But, M's old clinic never even offered him a vest. I have a lot of speculation on why he was never offered a vest before, but it would only be speculation. The important thing is that he has his vest now, and he happily tolerates using it twice a day. He will scream and tantru about the nebs. But, he still thinks its cool to talk and sing while hooked up to the vest to hear and feel the vibrations--which only helps clear him even better!