How tall are you?

TwistedTanya

Just curious b/c one of my doctors acts like it's gonna be harder and take longer to find me a suitable donor b/c of my size. He says I'm under the Bell Curve so there are fewer people as short as me. I am 5'3". I didn't think I was THAT short and I thought a good majority of CFers were on the smaller size. So I'm curious on those of you who've had your transplant, what you think.

TwistedTanya

Just curious b/c one of my doctors acts like it's gonna be harder and take longer to find me a suitable donor b/c of my size. He says I'm under the Bell Curve so there are fewer people as short as me. I am 5'3". I didn't think I was THAT short and I thought a good majority of CFers were on the smaller size. So I'm curious on those of you who've had your transplant, what you think.

TwistedTanya

TwistedTanya

TwistedTanya

Marjolein

I'm 1.54 meter or 5'0".
Overhere the average waiting time is very very long. But because I'm this short my doctor told me it could go either way.
Because of being small I didn't have much competition on the list. When I went active again for the second time I was first on the list with close to 4 years of waiting time behind my name.
I was active on the list at December 7, 2005. My doctor told me to be prepared that I donor could be for me even within a few hours. Or that it could take very long as there are not that many suitable donors.
I got the call at August 9, 2006. So waited 9 months on the number one spot for a match to be found. That was long. But as I said, did't need to be that long.

Marjolein

I'm 1.54 meter or 5'0".
Overhere the average waiting time is very very long. But because I'm this short my doctor told me it could go either way.
Because of being small I didn't have much competition on the list. When I went active again for the second time I was first on the list with close to 4 years of waiting time behind my name.
I was active on the list at December 7, 2005. My doctor told me to be prepared that I donor could be for me even within a few hours. Or that it could take very long as there are not that many suitable donors.
I got the call at August 9, 2006. So waited 9 months on the number one spot for a match to be found. That was long. But as I said, did't need to be that long.

Marjolein

I'm 1.54 meter or 5'0".

Marjolein

I'm 1.54 meter or 5'0".

Marjolein

I'm 1.54 meter or 5'0".
<br />Overhere the average waiting time is very very long. But because I'm this short my doctor told me it could go either way.
<br />Because of being small I didn't have much competition on the list. When I went active again for the second time I was first on the list with close to 4 years of waiting time behind my name.
<br />I was active on the list at December 7, 2005. My doctor told me to be prepared that I donor could be for me even within a few hours. Or that it could take very long as there are not that many suitable donors.
<br />I got the call at August 9, 2006. So waited 9 months on the number one spot for a match to be found. That was long. But as I said, did't need to be that long.

coltsfan715

I am 5'7" and I waited about 6 weeks. I do not believe I was overly bad meaning high on the list. I was never told where I was on the list to be honest. I just know that the taller you are the more options there are for you - women and men.

There was an older woman at our center that was around 5'2" and she waited near a year and her donor ended up being a child around 13 years of age because she was so small.

I personally had a male donor that was 3 years older than me .. that is all that was told to me by my doctors when I asked about my donor.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

I am 5'7" and I waited about 6 weeks. I do not believe I was overly bad meaning high on the list. I was never told where I was on the list to be honest. I just know that the taller you are the more options there are for you - women and men.

There was an older woman at our center that was around 5'2" and she waited near a year and her donor ended up being a child around 13 years of age because she was so small.

I personally had a male donor that was 3 years older than me .. that is all that was told to me by my doctors when I asked about my donor.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Lindsey

coltsfan715

<br />
<br />There was an older woman at our center that was around 5'2" and she waited near a year and her donor ended up being a child around 13 years of age because she was so small.
<br />
<br />I personally had a male donor that was 3 years older than me .. that is all that was told to me by my doctors when I asked about my donor.
<br />
<br />Lindsey

Joanne

I was tx'd 12 years ago. I am 5'5" and my donor was much larger than me. So they trimmed the lungs to fit me. Ask your center if they trim lungs to fit.

Good luck
JOanne

Joanne

I was tx'd 12 years ago. I am 5'5" and my donor was much larger than me. So they trimmed the lungs to fit me. Ask your center if they trim lungs to fit.

Good luck
JOanne

Joanne

Good luck
JOanne

Joanne

Good luck
JOanne

Joanne

<br />
<br />Good luck
<br />JOanne