How tall are you?

Transplantmommy

Yes, size does matter for wait time on the list for lungs. I am roughly 5'9" so it was kind of easy to find lungs for me but it was the liver that we had a hard time getting because my liver wasn't as bad as other people who needed it. Overall, my wait on the list for lungs and liver was 5 months.

I have a friend who is like 4'9" and she also goes to the Cleveland Clinic where the wait time on average is 3 months. February was a year that she has been listed. The problem is, there are less children who die ever day than there is adults, and there are a lot of parents who don't think about donating their child's organs. It doesn't cross peoples minds that there are children who need trasnplants and that there are also small adults awaiting transplants that could benefit from a child's organs.

I guess that I'm kind of glad that I'm taller than the average CFer.

Transplantmommy

Yes, size does matter for wait time on the list for lungs. I am roughly 5'9" so it was kind of easy to find lungs for me but it was the liver that we had a hard time getting because my liver wasn't as bad as other people who needed it. Overall, my wait on the list for lungs and liver was 5 months.

I have a friend who is like 4'9" and she also goes to the Cleveland Clinic where the wait time on average is 3 months. February was a year that she has been listed. The problem is, there are less children who die ever day than there is adults, and there are a lot of parents who don't think about donating their child's organs. It doesn't cross peoples minds that there are children who need trasnplants and that there are also small adults awaiting transplants that could benefit from a child's organs.

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

<br />
<br />I have a friend who is like 4'9" and she also goes to the Cleveland Clinic where the wait time on average is 3 months. February was a year that she has been listed. The problem is, there are less children who die ever day than there is adults, and there are a lot of parents who don't think about donating their child's organs. It doesn't cross peoples minds that there are children who need trasnplants and that there are also small adults awaiting transplants that could benefit from a child's organs.
<br />
<br />I guess that I'm kind of glad that I'm taller than the average CFer.

nu65

I do think height has some benefit for waiting. I'm 5'6" and my transplant dr told me my height would positively affect whose lungs they could use for me. I know from my doctor's POV that they don't like to have to "trim" down lungs, its gotta be more risk for infection. I'm still waiting for transplant (only been 2 months) though so we shall see.

nu65

I do think height has some benefit for waiting. I'm 5'6" and my transplant dr told me my height would positively affect whose lungs they could use for me. I know from my doctor's POV that they don't like to have to "trim" down lungs, its gotta be more risk for infection. I'm still waiting for transplant (only been 2 months) though so we shall see.

nu65

nu65

nu65