Hypertonic saline causing problems?

Mockingbird

I am prescribed for 3% hypertonic sailine.

If the pharmacy cannot find it, give them the product code number of 49502-640-15. Unfortunately they come in 15 ml vials, but that's the only kind my pharmacy can find.

Mockingbird

If the pharmacy cannot find it, give them the product code number of 49502-640-15. Unfortunately they come in 15 ml vials, but that's the only kind my pharmacy can find.

Mockingbird

Mockingbird

Mockingbird

luvluvluv

my son tried the hs aerosols and he couldn't do it. they take his breath away, make him cough this dry horrid cough, nothing comes up. he refused to do anymore. this might explain his bad experience w/nasal irrigation w/salt water. his nose gets real dry and he bleeds. your post is very helpful, thank you

luvluvluv

my son tried the hs aerosols and he couldn't do it. they take his breath away, make him cough this dry horrid cough, nothing comes up. he refused to do anymore. this might explain his bad experience w/nasal irrigation w/salt water. his nose gets real dry and he bleeds. your post is very helpful, thank you

luvluvluv

luvluvluv

luvluvluv

T

tammykrumrey

My daughter tried it about a year and a half ago. It was tried in the PFT lab to see how her lungs would accept it. After inhaling the HS, her PFTs dropped into the 30s from the 60s, so he would not presecribe it for her. Instead, he put her on Pulmozyme, and she does just fine with that.

T

tammykrumrey

My daughter tried it about a year and a half ago. It was tried in the PFT lab to see how her lungs would accept it. After inhaling the HS, her PFTs dropped into the 30s from the 60s, so he would not presecribe it for her. Instead, he put her on Pulmozyme, and she does just fine with that.

T

tammykrumrey

T

tammykrumrey

T

tammykrumrey

oldtimer1959

I'm about to try HS for the first time.....

Thanks for all your thoughts here. I'm going to go ahead but will check my script for a dosage first & call if it's not 3%; that sounds like the best level everyone is getting good results at. It would be soooo nice if my FEV1 even when up 5% from normal; I'd probably have so much Oxygen in me I wouldn't know what to do!

oldtimer1959

Thanks for all your thoughts here. I'm going to go ahead but will check my script for a dosage first & call if it's not 3%; that sounds like the best level everyone is getting good results at. It would be soooo nice if my FEV1 even when up 5% from normal; I'd probably have so much Oxygen in me I wouldn't know what to do!

oldtimer1959

oldtimer1959

oldtimer1959